Portfolio Leader Expansion and Sustainability, Core Business Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we!
We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Within the IKEA Expansion team we are looking for a Portfolio Leader.
Inter IKEA Systems (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
- We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
- We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
- We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com
The portfolio leader is a key role within our agile portfolio management set-up. You work across the different levels within the product organization and ensure connection with the business stakeholders and finance. You support in goal setting, follow-up and ensure value is delivered with optimal use of the financial means that are secured together with your support.
More specifically you will;
- As part of a portfolio team, provide portfolio support for portfolio coordinators by leading lean budgeting processes, agile portfolio ceremonies and lean governance.
- Enable fact-based decision making through provision of insights based on portfolio and stakeholder information.
- Support the shaping of epic-content and strategic alignment with business owners.
- Drive the resolution of impediments on portfolio level.
- Facilitate and coordinate portfolio level ceremonies.
- Measure portfolio performance by organizing with portfolio generalists to set and track OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) and other metrics to understand progress on value realization.
- Act as coordinator between portfolio team(s), Business Owners, and Product Area Managers.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure the effective management of funding and financial tracking across product areas.
- Implementation and continuous improvement of agile best practices, in an environment that is just to start scaled agile practices.
- Lead and work closely together with peers across the totality of Core Business Franchise and across IKEA.
You are a down-to-earth team player who is driven by togetherness, simplicity and common sense and eager to take initiatives and achieve results together with others. You strive for constant renewal to move our business forward by providing knowledge, services and solutions with a customer centric mind set. We also believe you will need to have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and background:
- 5 or more years of experience in a generic management field or other role with focus on strategically aligning organizational goals, change initiatives, and performance management.
- 3 or more years of experience in a delivery organization with a scaled agile and/or DevOps setup.
- Knowledge of lean budgeting processes and agile portfolio operations.
- Experience with informal leadership and coaching others.
- Understanding of OKRs and other metrics and how they would be used to track value delivered in an agile organization.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to liaise with different parts of the organization to maximize efficiency.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand and synthesize data to see trends.
- Proactive self-starter who can see what needs to be done and drive it forward.
- Ability to organize, facilitate and support large meetings with multiple teams.
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Degree in finance, business administration, economics or similar is preferred.
- Experience working in retail global organizations or recent IKEA experience in retail or value chain.
Inter IKEA Systems offers an exciting work environment in a global marketplace with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. You will be part of a flexible, values-driven and open organization and get the opportunity to work with a fantastic brand! This is a full time position based in Delft in the Netherlands or Malmö, in Sweden. You will report to the Business Navigation Manager.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 23 July 2021. We are continuously interviewing candidates for this role, so don't hesitate to submit your application.