Communication & Interior Design Manager, IKEA Delft (40 hours/week)
- Delft, Netherlands
Welcome to IKEA Delft in the Netherlands!
Would you like to be Communication & Interior Design Manager in IKEA Delft?
The IKEA Delft store has always been a bit different, and has played different roles.
It has worked as part of the IKEA Concept Center, the global hub and source of know-how. It has been a pilot store, testing out ideas developed here and around the rest of the IKEA world. And most recently it took on the new challenge to become the first IKEA REFERENCE STORE. IKEA REFERENCE STORES support and inspire IKEA retailers and customer meeting points to implement the IKEA Concept in the best way. Want to know more about IKEA REFERENCE STORES.
Right now, the IKEA Delft is transforming in an omnichannel retailer in its market.
This will be the main assignment for the next few years.
The IKEA Delft store is the only store owned by Inter-IKEA Systems B.V.
Who you are
As the Store Communication & Interior Design Manager you lead, develop and inspire the Communication & Interior Design team and other functions in the store in increasing the home furnishing interest
of the many people and creating demand for home furnishing solutions and know-how in the local market. Accountable for the store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA Brand as the leader in life at home.
You have a commercial mindset and on top of that you:
- Have Communication & Interior Design managerial experience or equivalent on Management Team level.
- Have passion for fast-paced, future-oriented retailing and the IKEA range.
- Have the ability to provide home furnishing and store solutions that improve people’s life at home and exceed visitors' shopping experience.
- Develop and take part in the successful implementation of IKEA Delft Market Approach in the fast changing omnichannel reality.
- Are driven to exceed goals and improve ways of working by helping the team to achieve goals.
- Are naturally able to respect and value individual differences.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Able to build trust and communicate in a clear and targeted way.
- The IKEA values truly reflect your personal values.
As an Communication & Interior Design manager, you live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach goals for the IKEA Delft Store. You ensure that the Communication & Interior Design department works in compliance with the IKEA Code of Conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security
and the environment.
Together with your Commercial Team you will ensure the impact of the IKEA Delft store as a retail medium that converts visitors into satisfied customers, and stimulate repeated visits by presenting the IKEA range in a way that is attractive and relevant to the local market.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Be the creative leader and inspire the store Com&In team to use knowledge of IKEA home furnishing and people's life at home to grow the business.
- Secure vitality and seasonality in the store by creating and implementing a store commercial calendar together with the store management team.
- Lead the store Com&In team in securing relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions, an optimal store layout and effective and efficient store communication that builds the IKEA Brand and distances the IKEA Delft store from the competition.
- Secure that the store commercial team has the right understanding of store layout, range presentation and store communication thereby contributing to the work method for range presentation.
- Contribute with knowledge of people's life at home and consumer shopping behavior in the creation and implementation of the store business plan.
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Build business competence through recruitment, competence development, retention and succession.
We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!