Competence development area leader – Data & Technology, Core Business Range
- Älmhult, Sweden
Inter IKEA Group brings together three core businesses: Franchise, Range & Supply. Together we work constantly to improve the IKEA home furnishing offer and make it more accessible for the many people.
We are on the journey to transform our digital capabilities, bringing core business processes, people, data & technology together - an enabler for IKEA to become an even better home furnishing retailer in the future. A journey that needs passionate people who embrace change, dare to question and want to make a difference.
We are now establishing a Data & technology department in Core business Range, with the assignment to lead by holding together data & technology in the core business. All with the purpose to enable business movements.
We are looking for setting the competence agenda based on business needs and towards upskilling and reskilling of competences in data & tech area to a new and exciting level
At IKEA we have a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities
You are joining us in an exciting time! As Competence development area leader you will lead the competence agenda within the data & technology area to enable development of highly performing and competent people across Core Business Range, securing our business needs now and for the future. You will also be part of Inter IKEA Group competence network and will support several network of expertise to derive competence agenda across Inter IKEA group.
We believe that you will:
- Lead the process to transform business needs into common competence needs, now and for the future in the area of Data & Technology
- Identify synergies and common ways of working for efficient and effective competence development for data & Tech competences across Core business Range
- Aggregate the needs related to the competence development area from the different competence plans within Core business Range and lead the work to address the competence implications together with the areas of expertise
- Manage and secure execution of relevant, up to date and innovative learning solutions in data & tech that are available and communicated to the many people at Core business Range
- Support the organisation by analysing external competence implications and trends in this competence area
- Secure compliance and follow up of the common competence development processes and working methods
- Be the main speaking partner, both internal and external for Core business Range common competence development initiatives for Data & tech.
To be successful in this role, we believe that you want to make a difference. You believe in the power of people. You explore and love to think in new ways and believe that learning is the key for development. You spark interest and curiosity in others. You have a strong drive and are constantly on your way. You are led by and lead through the IKEA culture and values. You have a strong belief in both people and teams’ potential and their ability to grow and develop. You have the ability to shift between being both strategic and working more long term, to tactical and operational when needed.
You also have:
Experience of working with business transformation and digitalization. Have worked in a large international organization and guided them through a similar journey as the one IKEA is currently on.
- Led the process to transform business needs into common competence needs, now and for the future –securing competence buildup plans for tactical plans and areas.
- Lead, secure & contribute to delivery of learning based on business priorities across processes.
- Experience to work on a business agenda: adding value to business strategies and having experience from leading a competence agenda
- Ability to be a natural leader and skilled in change management as well as identifying and driving change within the organization
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English as soon as possible but latest October 17th.
We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role under message to Hiring Manager. If you have any questions regarding the role or recruitment process, please contact either recruiting manager Parul Sharma, People & Culture Manager Data & technology at [email protected] or People & Culture Recruiter Jakob Bergström, [email protected]