Dashboard & Data Visualization Developer (Senior level)
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Who we are
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. We will strengthen and develop our competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world. And to be accessible and relevant, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
About IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI)
ICMI has the assignment to contribute to IKEA people making well founded decisions based on actionable and timely insights. ICMI delivers Consumer Insights, Strategy & Market Insights, and Brand & Range Insights. Each of these three areas develops and/or operates insight products to IKEA people across our value chain. As a Dashboard & Data Visualization developer, you will be part of the Front-end Development chapter in ICMI.
As a Dashboard & Data Visualization developer you will be part of a product team within ICMI. You will be leading the design, development, and maintenance of Visual Analytics solutions such as dashboards, data visualizations and analytics front-ends that enable stakeholders from the IKEA value chain to steer the organization based upon actionable insights. You conduct regular analysis on user adoption of the product and provide input towards the team for feature requests. Together with the product team, you will implement the desired features. You will work together with colleagues with complementary skills (e.g. data scientist, data engineers, etc.) to efficiently deliver to the product roadmap.
- Determine the structure and design of the front-end parts (e.g. dashboards and data visualizations) of the assigned insight product.
- Develop, test and maintain the visual and interactive components of the assigned insight product.
- Enhance the user experience and user interfaces, incl. user needs and data, implementing relevant degree of user experience in collaboration with relevant roles within the product team and across IKEA.
- Conduct user and customer analysis, draw conclusions for increased adoption and better business success.
- Ensure design is optimized for different devices and interfaces.
- Build reusable code and components that are optimized for speed, scalability, and future use in line with the chosen media.
- Maintain visual consistency throughout the design.
- Ensure application and consistency with relevant digital frameworks, principles, guidelines and standards.
- Document and make the relevant know-how available.
- 3+ years of experience in data visualisation, design, and development & implementation of front-end parts (e.g. dashboards and web frontends).
- Applied experience in Visual Analytics Platforms like Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlik (QlikSense preferred)
- Expertise in user experience, usability, and visual communication, using technology as an enabler.
- Experience using relevant coding languages, incl. knowledge in markup languages (HTML & CSS) or advanced analytics visualisation methods.
- Knowledge of DevOps and agile ways of working.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education (preferred Master’s degree)
- As Inter IKEA Systems is an international company with a global scope, fluency in the English language is a must.
- Life-long learner and problem solver through new and improved ways of working with a strong focus on, and understanding of, users.
- Able to work closely within a cross-functional team with a ‘can do’ attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Analyse, draw conclusions and act with holistic business and user understanding.
- Use visual interfaces as an enabler for decision-making.
- Passion for retail and the possibilities that digital brings.
- Gets energy from working in the heart of the future of retail.
- Interest in digital products and the value they can bring.
- Motivated to work in an environment of constant change.
- Leads by and shares the IKEA culture and values.
This is a full time position (40h/week). Travelling may be required based on business needs. Please send your application – CV and motivation letter – by August 30th 2021. Please note that we are continuously interviewing candidates.