Customs Operations Support Center Manager
- King of Prussia, PA, USA
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
You have proven Leadership skills and are eager to develop yourself and your co-workers. You have an organized way of working, are eager to drive change and find optimal working practices. You thrive in a diverse and global environment and have strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
About The Job
The Customs Operations Support Center (COSC) Manager leads the day-to-day import and export operations for the Americas Region to ensure the efficient and accurate transmission of data to all required agencies. The COSC Manager makes sure that the workflow is organized in an optimal way to secure necessary compliance with a high level of internal control.
In this role, you will work to ensure compliant operational practices in support of a dynamic supply chain, while helping to promote a vibrant Customs organization that strives to be a trusted resource to all stakeholders. As an integral part of the Customs Management Team for the Americas Region, the COSC Manager works to protect the IKEA brand through best practices and helps facilitate the realization of the IKEA vision to make a better everyday life for the many people.
Your main tasks will include:
- Responsible for the leadership of the daily Customs Operations functions related to timely and compliant clearances for all assigned countries
- Secure efficient and effective controls to internal and external rules and regulations
- Develop and implement working methods across Operations and in partnership with Compliance processes. Continuously evaluate current ways of working, identify control weaknesses, develop solutions and implement improvements
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with local and global requirements
- Lead and Develop the Customs Operations Team in accordance with the principle of leading business and people together
- Support the establishment of one common annual business plan for customs operations and deliver agreed activities
- Ensure that the local activities are organized in an optimal way for efficiency, internal control and support toward each country assigned to the regional Customs Operations Support Center in the America’s.
- Take active part in the development of the customs IT landscape and provide support in the establishment and implementation of related system updates
- Ensure local competence level in accordance with responsibilities including back-up and succession planning
- Interface with other key IKEA departments impacting Customs functions/operations
- Contribute to regional/global development to support projects and establishment of working methods
- Support and implement expansion projects in the area of operations
- Handle the daily interface towards customs brokers/agents when applicable
- Prepare departmental KPIs/Metrics for forecasts, timely transmissions, documentation, and Customs clearance
- Actively identify and manage risks related to customs operations
- 4 year University degree is required
- Licensed Customs house broker or Certified Compliance or Customs Specialist is preffered
- 7-10 years of experience demonstrating application of knowledge in operational environment
- Previous experience in import/export and supply chain logistics
- Previous experience dealing with external authorities
- Good working knowledge of import and export related rules and regulations
- Experience working in a process oriented organization
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
Capabilities and Motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of analytical, investigative, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead and inspire people
- Ability to negotiate and influence outcomes in collaboration with all organizational levels
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to apply to global issues
- Ability to exercise tact, restraint, and discretion in critical issues
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to develop people and act as a role model and coach
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html