Transport Planner (m/f/d), Supply Chain Operations, temporary for one year
- Dortmund, Germany
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
The purpose of the Transport Planning role is to secure excellence in logistical operational performance, and its further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders; contributing to reaching customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost (considering impacts of quality, safety, service performance, sustainability and other supply chain costs).
Your main tasks will be:
- Book, reschedule, monitor & cancel shipments
- Review/update extra costs in shipments
- Select optimal transport solutions
- Work in close cooperation with other relevant stakeholders in our Supply Chain to solve operational issues & optimise the transport booking process
- Investigate claims with regard to extra costs & resolve claim issues
- Have education or valid experience in transport/logistics or related area
- Have the ability to work with a computer from a user perspective
- Are fluent in German & English, both in writing & speaking
- Are service & goal oriented
- Have very good communication skills
- Are able to solve problems under stress
- Have the ability to find new solutions and to optimise the existing ones
- Are able to see IKEA as a whole and keep the focus on the IKEA customer
- Are a team player
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
If the above appeals to you, you might be the one we are looking for!
Please note, that the position is fulltime and temporary for one year. It is located in Dortmund (Germany).
Submit your application online via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters as soon as possible but latest on 17th of August 2021. If you have any questions regarding the position, please send an email to the recruiting team via SmartRecruiters and we will come back to you.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.