Business Developer (m/f/d) - Category Glass Tableware & Decoration (2 vacancies)
- Dortmund, Germany
We are building a better IKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified and better way, based on our culture, values and with customers and people in focus. Creating a better IKEA Purchasing has the aim to ensure that our ways of working enables IKEA to grow and develop according to Growing IKEA Together 2023 and beyond.
The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing & Logistics Area North is one of 8 Purchasing & Logistics Areas in the world, and our co-workers are based in Älmhult, Dortmund, Kaunas and Moscow.
We are now looking to recruit a Business Developer to join our exciting journey!
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
We seek a Business Developer (m/f/d) for Glass Tableware & Decoration (2 vacancies), at Purchasing & Logistics Area North - based in Dortmund, permanent employment, fulltime.
As a Business Developer you will be working within a defined part of the business and legal framework of IKEA – to secure excellence in running operations by optimizing the purchasing possibilities. Furthermore, you will participate in creating an efficient supplier structure. You are also responsible to co-ordinate Purchase Team group work to ensure the best result.
Business Developer will together with a team:
- Evaluate the total value chain and identify opportunities to optimize costs of IKEA products.
- Lead the business agenda by involving & engaging competence needed, such as logistics, quality, manufacturing, sustainability, etc.
- Together with each supplier set the goals and create action plans based on the Category directions that will enhance the full potentials of the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers according to IKEA values and guidelines.
- Evaluate and develop existing production capacities.
- Build effective and actively maintain relations with suppliers.
- Be responsible that suppliers meet social and environmental standards.
- Be responsible for delivery and quality performance.
- Secure right competence to challenge and develop suppliers.
- In all situations act as an IKEA Ambassador.
Is this the right challenge for you?
We are looking for you who have:
- Good knowledge in material and production, including experience in identifying main cost drivers for efficient production & supply chain set-ups.
- Analytical skills and high proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Purchasing experience.
- Academic degree in economics or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
- Active Driver’s License.
Capabilities & Motivation
- Passion for leading business and people.
- Communicative and very proactive.
- Always ready to find new solutions.
- Capability to create sense of togetherness, belonging and trust within a team.
- Ability to lead business with a holistic view; always act with the Customer, Supplier, Total Cost Development in mind.
- Highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in, as well as the reality of production.
- Desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Lots of energy, drive and commitment to reach excellent results.
- Persistence in pursuing goals despite obstacles at the same time as maintaining flexibility in the business.
- Excellence in communication with capability of influencing others.
- Genuine interest for building and maintaining long term relations.
- Willingness to work in a truly international environment and travel mostly within Europe on a regular basis.
- Share the IKEA values & culture, and have a strong interest to work for a home furnishing company.
We offer you varied work tasks both in the office and at IKEA suppliers with a fun, friendly, non-hierarchical, open and international team atmosphere. Moreover, you have a wide range of education and self-development possibilities. We also hope you want to contribute with your unique competence to IKEAs future growth!
Submit your application online and in English via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters as soon as possible, but latest on July 30th. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, you can send an email to our recruitment team in SmartRecruiters.
We look forward to receiving your application!