Service Provider Operation Developer
- King of Prussia, PA, USA
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) is an organization with almost 750 co-workers that connects customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimizing replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing supply quality.
In Category Distribution, we source logistical units in the US and Canada, with a focus on developing high performing service providers (SP) to meet the needs of the business and our customers today and in the future. We work in one of the most dynamic area in the supply chain and are constantly striving to improve through innovation and technology.
IKEA is growing and to support this growth we are looking for a new Service Provider Operations Developer to join our team in King of Prussia, PA.
As a Service Provider Operations Developer, you will be responsible to secure and continuously improve our Service Provider's operational performance, optimize throughput/capacity and reduce supply chain costs - in close cooperation with external business partners and supply chain stakeholders.
In this role you will act in the following dimensions:
- Secure operational performance of the service provider (as defined by relevant KPIs, in relation to capacity, precision, qualitative parameters, etc.). Follow up and implement actions with the service provider.
- Together with the service providers and relevant internal stakeholders, secure optimal usage of agreed capacity vs. planned/needed capacity. Actively work with capacity forecasting, identify constraints, and find optimal solutions which lead to securing needed capacity at lowest total cost.
- Align Service Providers capacity and throughput with IKEA's operating frame and identify opportunities for further costs reductions and/or operational efficiencies.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with internal stakeholders and external service providers to drive performance in alignment with the Category Business Plan.
- In close cooperation with stakeholders, implement new set-ups within category distribution.
- Contribute to development of working methods and other steering documents.
- Secure and share needed industry competence with all relevant functions.
You may be the person we are looking for if:
- You are inspired by IKEA’s values and its mission to provide a better everyday life for the many people.
- Have a University degree in logistics, economics, supply chain or relevant working experience Are interested to explore working in one of the most dynamic area in Logistics.
- You have previously worked in the Logistics or Supply Chain organization of an international company.
- Understand specific aspects related to warehousing and main factors impacting operational performance.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- You are self-driven and strive to reach business goals with a high level of energy and motivation.
- Enjoy engaging and driving actions through our operational agenda with various stakeholders (internal & external to IKEA).
- Computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- You can communicate fluently in English, both verbal and in writing.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html