Graphic Communicator / Production Coordinator, IKEA Delft, full-time
- Delft, Netherlands
About the job
As Production Coordinator you are part of the communication team of the IKEA Delft store. This team is responsible for the communication of the store. The team is not responsible for the promotion or marketing of the products. The team focusses on both internal communication (towards our co-workers) and external communication (to create traffic to the store)
As Production Coordinator your assignment is to position one strong and consistent IKEA identity by using optimal and relevant IKEA communication content and media landscape.
Your responsibilities include:
- Produce visual communication solutions based on the defined creative concept
- Elaborate on pre-set communication ideas and direction – visual and copy-based concepts for all media – to meet the brief, user and business needs
- Graphic design in accordance with IKEA tone of voice and adapting design solutions according to the specifics of different media
- Participate in content planning and organizing meetings with other functions, stakeholders and suppliers
- Ensure the technical quality and accuracy of the final artwork related to the media chosen
- Plan and secure the production of all types of communication assignments-process, production, budget and resources – to deliver high-quality communication products, written and visual, for all media channels.
- Plan and secure that all productions are carried out according to agreed working processes and time plans
- Monitor to secure that all products deliver to the brief and the set creative direction
- Brief and coach internal and external production resources
- Secure the IKEA tone of voice in visuals and text in all communication solutions
You have a genuine interest in life at home and home furnishing. You enjoy working independently, taking initiative and accepting responsibility and have the energy, drive and commitment to deliver excellent results.
Experience & background
- Practical experience working in one or more functions in IKEA value chain is an asset
- Experience working in graphic design and visual communication for a broad range of different design/communication projects and media, whether in a communication agency or in-house communication department
- Post-secondary degree in graphic design, or equivalent combination of relevant education/training and work experience.
- Understanding of IKEA direction and strategies, value chain and business model
- Understanding the IKEA tone of voice and how to ensure that it is expressed in all types of communication
- Knowledge of IKEA communication content and media landscape
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and tools for graphic design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and well-versed in other current design applications for print, presentation and digital productions
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of Dutch (both written and verbal) is a plus
- Proven ability to develop graphic design solutions in a variety of styles for a wide range of different communication channels and media
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
About the company
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 443 IKEA stores in 53 countries around the world. The IKEA Delft store is part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
Please apply with your CV and a motivation letter. Applications without a letter and / or CV will not be taken into consideration.
This position is in scale 9 (CLA IKEA Nederland & Inter IKEA Systems)
If you passed the first screening, you will be invited for a first interview.
At IKEA the customer is in in focus. Our customers visit the store at various times, also in the evening, weekends, during national holidays and during school holidays. We expect that you will be present when the customers visits us. Of course, you have an impact on your scheduele yourself as well.
If you grow IKEA grows. Together with us you can explore the career possibilities in an inspirational working experience with international options. We offer you a spot where people are given the possibility to do what they do best. Let us grow together!
An integrity check via the warning register of Fraud Approach Retail Foundation is part of the application procedure.