Product Engineering Manager - Apps | IKEA Home smart
- Älmhult, Sweden
At Business Area (BA) IKEA Home smart you will join an amazing group of talented, passionate people with an entrepreneurial mind-set who are set on democratizing the smart home. We develop smart products to enable a smarter life at home for people all over the world. We are curious and passionate about creating solutions that solve real-life problems and help people realize their dreams. All on their terms. Because we believe everyone deserves a smart home. To succeed, we look for new ways of integrating technology and digital solutions into furniture and life at home. We explore opportunities throughout the home and we work closely together with other Business Areas to both drive transformation of the existing range and develop new smart products to attract new customers to IKEA. We’re still at the beginning – there is lots more to come.
The BA (Business Area) Product Engineering Manager is a business and people focused role in the centre of the digital product development. Your assignment is to lead and organise a group of Software Engineers within BA IKEA Home smart, as well as leading cross topics and secure excellence in operations. You do this by allocating the right competence at the right time in software development. You also use your seniority and experience in guiding our Engineers in hands on software development and architecture. At BA IKEA Home smart, we work with a wide range of digital products, diverse requirements and have a high focus on creating user value for the many people.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the Business Area strategies and business plan, in alignment with Software Engineering Manager
- Succession planning and recruitment of software engineering competence
- Develop and secure the right competence level for each co-worker
- Secure preconditions for efficient software development and deployment of plans and strategies
- Secure deployment and efficient usage of aligned working methods and solutions
As a Product Engineering Manager you will lead:
- Alignment of working methods across teams in the BA dimension
- Identify and bridge gaps in working methods and system solutions with a cross- functional perspective
- Contribution to a knowledge-based development
We believe that you have thorough knowledge and proven hands-on experience in software development, and you understand the full IKEA value chain and how to create preconditions for an efficient development that will reach our targets.
You have a strong drive to make things happen and lead complex matters in a global context with energy and curiosity. Leadership comes natural to you, and you have a proven track record of leading, coaching and developing a group of Software Engineers.
You are always guided by the IKEA key values you have the ability to lead through communication and create strong and trustful networks and relationships in collaborative processes.
- You are a proven leader with extensive experience leading frontend (apps) engineering teams at user-focused companies and you feel at home discussing complex Engineering issues within your field with the team.
- Know how to motivate people and make them perform and deliver towards set goals and on time
- Have an interest and ability to coach team members during the development journey and get inspired by improving ways of working.
- Understand the importance of communication and enjoy operating on a global arena
- Have an ability to explore different perspectives, welcome innovation and dare to challenge when needed
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We will continuously interview candidates and support selection process.
For more information regarding our recruitment process, please contact [email protected] We are looking forward to meeting you soon!