Quality Specialist + Qualified Individual Assignment - Food
- King of Prussia, PA, USA
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
Do you have a solid knowledge of manufacturing & quality improvement, and quality assurance methodologies within the food industry? Would you like a position where you will have a great impact on the way IKEA is working together with our suppliers’ sites across the world? A position that offers you a chance to work with and through others to ensure compliance to regulations and IKEA requirements? A position where you will lead the work of securing the high quality of our products to millions of customers each year? Then this might be an opportunity for you!
About the job...
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with a great possibility to build and create something new, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”! As Quality Specialist your function will be to support both business teams and suppliers in the IKEA Quality standard implementation process. You will verify compliance against requirements, standards, and ways of working to deliver products satisfying customer expectations in all aspects of IKEA design, contributing to global business success.
About the assignment...
As the Quality Specialist with the additional responsibility of Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI), you will:
- Plan, perform audits and execute assessments according to IKEA standards working instructions.
- Support the business teams and suppliers in implementing the containment and corrective actions.
- Coach, inspire, and enable business teams and suppliers in the IKEA quality standards as well as in utilization of problem-solving tools in the daily work and specifically related to quality deviations to continuously maintain and improve compliance performance and create a compliance culture.
- Support in the development of the FDA Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) SOPs, hazard analyses, documentation, and procedures in accordance with requirements and legislation.
- Perform FSVP activities that have been established and prescribed, including verification of records and information, and validation of the overall program.
- Conduct regular reanalysis of the food safety plans.
- Lead and facilitate effective trainings for both internal and external business partners to develop competence of local, global, and IKEA-specific requirements.
- Update and maintain all necessary systems where reports and results are registered.
- Secure supplier & product quality/safety compliance following GFSI standard.
- Lead and participate in global/local projects related to quality.
- Collaborate across globe within quality matrix to develop IKEA food safety and quality policies and performance.
We believe you can build and maintain business relations, have excellent communication skills, be a good team player, live our IKEA values and be persistent. You are able to prioritize, set a clear agenda and like to deliver high quality results on time. You have ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view. You have high energy and a self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together with the suppliers and co-workers in IKEA. You are interested in taking your next step in a big global company to develop yourself further and to develop Quality Compliance for IKEA Food together with us!
- Background in food quality assurance, engineering, risk management, and production development; preferably having a food quality assurance or engineering education (2-5 years of working experience within the food industry)
- Auditing skills and natural leadership
- Gather and analyze information and facts to draw objective conclusions about compliance/non-compliance
- Use verification methods including facility walkthrough, document review and co-worker interviews
- Practical knowledge of HACCP and HARPC analyses, able to identify gaps
- Deep knowledge of different Quality tools, like e.g., 5 why, FMEA, fish bone, root cause analysis, statistics knowledge, etc.
- Result oriented, high energy, and self-driven ways of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together in IKEA and with suppliers
- Able to assess manufacturing process and packaging line efficiencies
- Knowledge of production and operation processes
- Are honest with high integrity standards
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Comfortable with traveling up to 50% (air travel, domestically and internationally)
- Able to drive and hold a valid driver’s license
- Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) or equivalent certification
- Knowledge about Total Quality Management
- Experience working in Production with a process-oriented environment
- Very experienced working with project management tools and methodology
- Fluent in Spanish (both written and verbal)
For us at IKEA, the most important thing is that our co-workers share our values, such as togetherness and enthusiasm, constant desire for renewal and simplicity. We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging position in a global organization.
If you want to be part of something big, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
IKEA Purchasing Services (US) Inc.’s main office is in King of Prussia, PA and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group. The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 392 IKEA stores in 48 countries around the world.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html