Product Engineer, Mattresses Team
- Warsaw, Poland
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what your values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
In IKEA Purchasing, we are organised in categories based on the material and function of the product. A Category is a group of articles sharing same materials, production techniques, and/or supplier base. Each category is led by a Category Manager and it consists of number of Business Development teams based around the world (being close to our suppliers) and global functional specialists (e.g., Engineering and Quality Leader). The assignment for the category is to lead Purchasing activities based on a common agenda created in one common business plan. To take full advantage of IKEA economies of scale and competence, we develop and execute sourcing strategies and thus meet the supply markets/industries in categories.
About the assignment
Product Engineer will work with a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Lead and involve the right resources in Purchasing organization to secure the product development projects
- Lead product development on factory floor from a holistic point of view and secure scalability for further implementation at other suppliers
- Contribute to the development projects with competences in form, design, material, production, quality and customer expectations to “Keep The Price Tag”
- Actively identify, put forward and execute product improvements
- Conduct Production Risk Assessments for new products together with production engineer
- Secure that the product is at correct quality level according to IKEA documentation, tested, and complying with relevant Standards, Demands, and Guidelines
- Position requires travelling up to 50% of working time in normal conditions.
We are looking for people with passion to lead the product development agenda with the overall goal to improve customer satisfaction and deliver better products with lower costs. Being main contact towards the Suppliers and works as part of the development team together with business teams in the regions to secure a well-structured approach and meeting tight deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to solve problems with a holistic view and cost consciousness
- Proven record of project management experience and skills
- Very well organized and structured
- Experience in stakeholder management (external and internal)
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to work in international team
- Good balance between overview and details
- Experience in production environment and product development
- Good knowledge of lean production methods and tools
- Very good presentation and facilitation skills
- Mediation and negotiation skills
- Ability to understand standards and share and live IKEA values
- University degree
- Very good computer software skills (MS Office applications)
- Driving license Cat. B
- Knowledge about mattress industry will be an asset
Submit your application in English as soon as possible however not later than 31st of July 2021.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.