Product Compliance Specialist (m/f/d, permanent, fulltime)
- Dortmund, Germany
Looking for a kick-start in your international career? Or have you been working a few years and need new challenges?
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing & Logistics Area North is one of 8 Purchasing & Logistics Areas in the world, and our co-workers are based in Älmhult, Dortmund, Kaunas, and Moscow.
For you it’s important that a job is not just ‘a job’. Same for us! We offer a position that will challenge you every day and let you grow. For this position we are looking for a Product Compliance Specialist who is up for a true adventure! In this role you will get a unique opportunity to grow an international experience and network from day 1.
Here’s the deal:
You will get the chance to work and live in four of our different locations (Älmhult, Dortmund, Kaunas, and Moscow) to gain an overall picture and understanding of the whole Product Quality agenda. The idea is to offer you the opportunity to learn from the reality of each one of our offices, taking on specific assignments and working with the local teams in each country. Moreover, you will also have the chance to work in regional and global projects. After the introduction period and the first contact with the different sites, you will continue to work in Dortmund/ Älmhult.
Examples of assignments:
- Lead and facilitate training for Business teams and Suppliers to develop competence about IoS Specifications, testing, ways of working and compliance tools
- Perform spot check in the frame of the Gate Checks routine to verify that the new products comply with documentation and CONNECT requirements. As well, from time to time on project basis, to verify compliance on the running product range
- Coach and Support the Business teams in daily operations and in evaluate new potential suppliers by addressing risks/risk mitigation connected to Product safety and Chemical Compliance
- Mapping and perform risk assessment of critical chemical substances/materials and processes
- Participate in the development of new IoS specification requirements, by securing input is given on potential impacts from a supply chain perspective
- Contribute in developing and lead implementation of global product compliance working methods and tools, and co-ordinate local implementation
We believe that you are as curious as we are and eager to explore new places and to meet new people. You have the capability to perform complex analysis and risk assessment and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations. You have very good knowledge of IKEA Product and chemical and microbiological requirements and chemical substances in production processes and material. You are a good communicator in English, both spoken and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way. You have a holistic view, always having Customer, Supplier, total IKEA, compliance, and quality development in mind. You are able to transfer knowledge and working methods to co-workers and suppliers. Last but not least, you have good knowledge about IKEA food products’ safety, compliance and quality related product life cycle management.
At IKEA we believe that magic happens when we work together. That’s why we are looking for a true team player that is passionate about the IKEA culture and the IKEA brand.
What you have in your backpack:
- University degree in quality management, chemistry/chemical/biotech/food/ engineering or similar; and/or technical background and significant experience working with Quality/compliance management or chemical issues
- Previous work experience in handling Product Safety, Quality, Compliance and Chemical/Microbiological requirements
- Knowledge of consumer product legislation concerning health and safety
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks on an operational level with great attention to details
- Ability to work in a structured and organized way
- Capability to communicate in a clear way and build relationships
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft office
- Driver’s license B
This position can be located in Dortmund, Germany or Älmhult, Sweden. Please, note that we will be conducting the interviews continuously, so send us your application online (in English) as soon as possible, but latest on August 5th.
If you would like to know more about the position, please send us a message in SmartRecruiters! We will be happy to support you.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving your application soon!
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.