Lean Navigator, IKEA Industry
- Veliky Novgorod, Novgorod Oblast, Russia
IKEA Industry, part of the Inter IKEA Group, is the world’s largest producer of wooden furniture and is an integrated part of the IKEA value chain. IKEA Industry has 40 production units in 8 countries, with about 17,500 co-workers. Every year, IKEA Industry produces more than 100 million pieces of furniture for IKEA customers.
We are a diverse group of people working together, sharing the humanistic IKEA values. The values are the foundation of our work. By living them, we form the unique IKEA culture where team spirit and togetherness are key. In a constantly growing IKEA, every individual is taken care of, respected, acknowledged and included. People are themselves and respecting the uniqueness of every individual makes IKEA better.
IKEA Industry has during more than 10 years ran a program to accelerate implementation of the lean production concept IPS (IKEA Production System). The IKEA Production System secures the best practices in performance management, operations and way of working which are implemented in the factories and in the larger organization. The transformation programs are driven by our lean navigators’ collaboration with management teams and co-workers.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
Exciting challenge for You who wants to...
- Lead and drive transformation and change processes across a factory
- Lead demanding projects on our sites across the network and help designing and implementing future operations in IKEA Industry factories, and at IKEA suppliers’ factories.
- Develop and grow into the role as senior Lean/IPS navigator. You will in this position become expert in our lean transformation concept and drives our transformations aiming at implementing the best practices principles and improving performance in our factories and at external IKEA suppliers. In this role you will;
- Drive shop-floor transformation or similar projects
- Train operators & managers in lean transformation approach, tools and standards
- Implement necessary support structures to ensure a sustainable change
- Coach and challenge senior managers through the change process
- Facilitate focused improvement workshops and in general contribute to the IPS concept, which is the IKEA way at looking upon Lean. You will also lead, coordinate and work closely with local lean navigators.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for you who are enthusiastic about developing and implementing new ways of working within production and business processes. You are driven by achieving result in collaboration with others, and has eager to learn. You are constantly looking for synergies and continuous improvements. You encourage people to achieve better together and an eagerness to build trust and relationships with stakeholders.
We think you will be motivated by this position if You...
- Are lean expert with several years of experience in implementing and managing successful lean projects and/or held a senior/managerial position in manufacturing.
- Have a proven ability to drive improvement activities, delivering savings and develop lean thinking/concept to all levels of the organization to move them into a self-sustaining mode.
- Have an educational base at Bachelor level or equivalent.
- Have proven leadership skills and are a good communicator with a high drive, perseverance and analytical skills.
- Have interest and drive for future career development.
- Are passionate about IKEA, our vision, business idea and values and you have a constant desire for renewal.
- Enjoy to work in a constantly changing work environment and with new people
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The Lean/IPS team is a part of Operational Excellence Department at IKEA Industry. The Team’s mission is to support IKEA Industry factories and IKEA suppliers’ factories to continuous improvement by coaching and challenging, using our lean/IPS concept as base.
You will report to one of the Regional Lean Manager’s. You will lead/work closely together with a group of lean/IPS navigators. You will also closely work with group of change agents in collaboration with management teams, shop floor personnel and support functions.
The position requires frequent international traveling (150+ travel days/year). You need to have good communication skills in written/spoken English.
Location for this position is flexible, it can be based at any of sites in Russia, Lithuania or Poland. It is important to also be closely located to an international airport and preferably one of our sites. Please note that we have published this job opportunity in multiple countries and location, however there is currently only one open position, but we also want to be proactive and allow us the time to make sure we get a perfect match! Therefore we are very curious to meet with you who are exploring your next step
It is a strong skill if you have additional language competence in any of the above-mentioned countries and languages.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
We appreciate your application as soon as possible, but no later than July 31 2021. For more information or any questions regarding this position, please contact Sören Riis Regional Lean manager via e-mail at [email protected] . If you have any questions about the recruitment process, contact Ida Listrup, HR Business Partner via e-mail at [email protected]. Please note that there might be some delay in response due to vacation.