Quality Leader, Supply Chain Operations (m/f/d, permanent, fulltime)
- Dortmund, Germany
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions.
Dortmund office belongs to Purchasing and Logistics area North and consists of several business units, such as Purchasing Development, Supply Chain Operations with Quality Support Centre (QSC), Supply Chain Development, and support functions like People & Culture, Admin & Finance.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 730 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a Quality Leader to join Category Area Transport. As Quality Leader you will be part of the Category Area management team and report to Category Area Manager. You will be responsible for leading the quality development work with focus to secure execution in line with category plans for Category Ocean & Air and Category Land. The aim is to secure everyday product quality and compliance to meet IKEA goals.
- Together with Category Area Manager (CAM)/Supply Operations Manager (SOM) and Quality Manager (QM) define category area/operations quality agenda based on quality direction
- Responsible for execution of the quality action plan for the category/supply operations in cooperation with BDMs, CAM/SOM and QM
- Responsible to develop and implement business quality leadership competences in the category/supply operations and at our service providers to secure consistency in our quality development
- Support business development team to implement quality assurance at service providers and create pre-conditions for them to take full responsibility for their quality performance
- Lead execution of total compliance agenda within category area/supply operations and support business development teams to establish compliance fulfilment processes for both service providers and IKEA co-workers
- Follow up timely execution of quality deviation and support business development teams for the settlement of complex cases
- Responsible for quality tools used among the business development teams and the service providers
- Lead and coach, support the competence development for quality. Support in local or global improvement/quality projects
- Part of the category area/supply operations management team as well as Quality in SCO matrix and thereby contributing to the total development regarding better way of working, processes, frameworks & tools and promoting learnings from experience and sharing of good practices. Secure sharing of good examples and practices
- Support in analyzing customer feedback and development of project/actions to improve customer satisfaction
- Very good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to Democratic Design
- Very good knowledge of quality set up in IKEA Supply
- Good understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially the Supply Chain Operations & understand the IKEA business model
- Good knowledge of project management tools
- Good communication & presentation skills
- A good communicator in English, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way
- Ability to deliver results through involving, leading, developing and inspiring people in a remote environment
- Ability to lead an operational/tactical agenda with a holistic and analytical view, always act with the Customer, Supplier, total IKEA and Quality in mind
- Engage and motivate people by coaching and mentoring
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Preferred location for this position is Dortmund, Germany or Älmhult, Sweden but other locations might be considered depending on the candidate. The selection process will be ongoing during the summer but please note that due to vacations there might be a delay in feedback. Please, submit your application online no later than 1st of August.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Category Area Manager, Dariusz Mroczek, on +41 795 768 788 or via email [email protected] If you have any questions on the recruitment process, please contact People & Culture Generalist Camila Alvarez Doig on +49 1514 4060901 .
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.