Workstream Leader, Meeting the Customer for B2B Project Sales
- Älmhult, Sweden
Our ambition with Business to Business is to establish IKEA as a reliable partner for business customers. They will choose IKEA for our furnishing expertise, affordable complete offer, ability to deliver with precision and easily accessible meeting points.
Welcome to the exciting world of Business to Business. Everything we do always starts and ends with our customers – the many people. Most places need furnishing solutions, and these are procured by companies and organizations that have different needs compared to consumers.
Almost 8% of the IKEA sales comes from Business-to-Business today. The current B2B sales are driven through our current operating model, Retail sales, and is mainly small orders from micro and small customers that have more of a consumer-behavior. To address the full potential of the B2B segment we need to add a new operating model that can meet the medium and large orders and medium and large companies, that rather purchase projects than products in stores or online.
To achieve this, we will develop a new operating model that focuses on business customers. The operating model covers both the demands for an optimal supply chain set-up as well as an optimal customer meeting (end-to-end). Where our existing solutions are incapable of fulfilling business customer demands, we will re-evaluate and re-design in all three dimensions of the operating model i.e., people, processes, and technology.
Are you interested to join a team with a lot of passion for developing IKEA? Are you a person that loves challenges and sees these as opportunities? Are you a passionate leader with an entrepreneurial mindset with the courage to break new grounds for IKEA? Do you get the energy to influence, interact and work together with all parts of IKEA? Great, then Business to Business is something for you!
Business to Business is one of the biggest growth potentials for IKEA in the future, and here is your chance to influence and build it. As a Workstream Leader, Meeting the Customer for Project Sales, you will play a key role in establishing a new operating model that caters for project sales.
You will be a crucial part of the project team for project sales that belong to Business Area Kitchen, Bathroom and Appliances. You will lead the Meeting the Customer stream within the project and secure that the defined tasks and time plan within your area are delivered and met. You will report to the Project Manager for the Project Sales – Project.
You main assignments for this role will be:
• Leading the Meeting the Customer initiatives within the B2B project sales project, and the connected development initiatives to it - with the task to define, test, develop and document the new IKEA operating model for medium and large residential construction and service sector projects.
• Leading the Meeting the Customer stream and the development initiatives connected to it, together with core stream members, subject matter experts, other relevant stakeholders.
• You will contribute with a strong commercial knowledge, i.e., how to meet and sell to business customers in a project setup and secure that the stream development and connected initiatives are aligned according to business customers’ needs.
The overall assignment is to develop a B2B operating model, covering the commercial scope including:
• Direct sales - Enabled through a key account and project management setup
• Sales pipeline management - Targeting sales approach towards attractive projects and optimal resource allocation
• Differentiated value proposition - Manage multiple stakeholders with specific value propositions per stakeholders
• Total offer - Offer B2B services, pricing and key competences based on customer type
You will challenge and transform the current way of working with your expertise and strong communication skills.
To be successful in this role we want you to have strong experience from different parts of Retail, specifically within Sales. Experience from business-to-business within the segments residential construction / real estate and/or service sector would be a strong advantage.
You should be able to work strategically and tactically, but also with a hands-on approach combined with a solution-oriented mindset. You should also have experience from global projects and good knowledge of Project Management. We also want to have an extensive IKEA network and strong communication skills.
You have a strong drive, and you are self-motivated. You should also have strong leadership capability with a holistic approach and the ability to work together with people across all parts of IKEA.
Does this sound like your next challenge?
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role. The last day to send your application is the August 16th 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Project Manager Maria Johansson +46 732321269 For questions regarding the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Recruiter Christina Appelqvist, +46-766113408.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, so we might close the advertisement earlier if we find the right candidate