- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world.
Wherever you are in life, discover how much further you can go.
Purchasing & Logistics Area, South East Asia is currently looking for IT Specialist, Located in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
About the role
You work with IT teammates in South East Asia to ensure the secure and efficient operations of the IKEA Purchasing & Logistics business in the region. You are the office ‘guardian angel’ of IT-related matters and bring a hands-on approach to co-worker IT issues. You contribute to a range of IT projects at IKEA. You will use your knowledge and specialised skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support. Show us how you’d do it!
What you will do:
- support the organization needs for IT and Administration scopes
- Support and improve the digital office environment
- increase administration efficiency
- Perform daily tasks according to set procedures, rules & guidelines
- Provide technical training to end users
- Secure efficiency within the team through simple and cost-efficient ways of working
- Responsible for the budget and overall country IT infrastructure
- Responsible for IT security in close co-operation with risk management and information security.
- Monitor development of IT technologies and system trends and evaluate their possible business benefits.
- Manage relationship within company's IT, vendors, contractors, service providers and other stakeholders, such as local co-workers.
Why we will love you:
- 1 or 2 years of experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs
- Ability to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result
- good knowledge and experience in project management tools and methodology
- service minded and professional, putting the end user's need and business operations in focus.
- some years of experience of working within IT
- good knowledge of IT service management, processes and toolsets, procedures and guidelines.
- good knowledge of IT infrastructure standards and technical environment.
- deep knowledge of software, hardware, IP networks, meeting room equipment and Online meeting
- self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- agile and Results oriented and passion to go beyond scope
Why you will love us:
IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South East Asia is team of more than 150 problem-solvers, based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta. The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many motivates us to develop, produce, supply and distribute IKEA products that are affordable and accessible for everyone. We have always challenged designs, processes or technologies in rebellious ways, and from surprising angles to get better answers. And guess what? We always will. It’s all part of our vision to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping us going for more than 75 years. Maybe you can help us?
We would love to know more about you and your motivation for this job! Please send us your application in English by 24th June.