Product Lifecycle Engineer-Business Area Bedroom Temporary 12 months
- Älmhult, Sweden
We have a new IKEA direction with many opportunities within our reach and we are taking next steps together to set ourselves up for success. Over the next few years, all of us need to be better than ever. We will strengthen the core of what we do in Range & Supply.
The product range – our identity and Range & Product Engineering is one of the most important enablers to ensure that we live up to the IKEA vision.
With the customer in focus and the overall ambition to create a better and safe everyday life for the many people, we have launched stability project 2.0. An exciting, important and prioritized project.
Right now we are looking for a Product lifecycle Engineer who together with us will strengthen the IKEA product range.
As Product Lifecycle Engineer, PLE, you support the engineering team with administration, documentation and verification activities. You will help to secure that the product information is up-to-date and according to IKEA documentation guidelines and standards.
As PLE you will:
- Support in verification and validation activities, for example assemble and test furniture
- Secure that technical product information is up-to-date and according to IKEA documentation guidelines and standards
- Perform moderate changes on product documentation including technical requirements and labels
- Be responsible to both find and act on gaps in product documentation
To succeed in this role we see that you have a passion for keeping things in order and it is a plus if you have studied engineering.
- The position fits a newly graduated university student very well, it is a good entry level position for a future career in our department and in the company, regardless of what the next step in your career might be.
- We see that you are a committed and self-driven person with a strong will to influence and make a difference.
- You work in a structured way and take the lead in planning and executing your own work.
- You can keep focused while working with low complexity repetitive tasks and get energy from getting things done.
What you will get
- You will get a ton of trust from leaders and colleagues and there will be super high expectations on you to perform and develop yourself and the business.
- Your manager will do her best to clear the way so that you can succeed in your job and develop towards your best self.
- At work and most importantly: You will be part of a team with smart, hardworking, caring and down to earth people.
We look forward to receiving your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English latest 30th of June 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
Please note this is a temporary assignment until 2022-08-31
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Product Engineer Manager Jenny Håkansson at [email protected]. If you have questions regarding this role or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Katie Pettersson on +46 702 99 42 48.
We are looking forward to your application!