Product Requirement Engineer-Business Area Bedroom Temporary 12 months
- Älmhult, Sweden
We have a new IKEA direction with many opportunities within our reach and we are taking next steps together to set ourselves up for success. Over the next few years, all of us need to be better than ever. We will strengthen the core of what we do in Range & Supply.
The product range – our identity and Range & Product Engineering is one of the most important enablers to ensure that we live up to the IKEA vision.
Join our group of passionate and highly skilled colleagues that are as curious and eager as you to explore and make things better, always searching for new simple and smart solutions!
Right now we are looking for a Product Requirement Engineer who together with us will
strengthen our offer.
As Product Requirement Engineer, PRE, you are responsible for two important assignments that are quite different in their nature:
- Create product documentation that will ensure compliance to legislation in all markets where the products are sold.
- Navigating in an environment where the target is constantly moving requires attention to detail and patience since many of the tasks are administrative and repetitive
- Identify the customer demands and translate them into measurable attributes.
- Set up verification plans and analyze the test results in order to define the performance of the product.
- This part of the job will make use of your problem-solving skills, systematic thinking and talent for cooperation and co-creation
As a Product Requirement Engineer you will, in addition to what has been mentioned above:
- Take part in product development projects
- Prepare prototypes and make them available for test labs
- Develop new verification methods and test methods when needed
- Create a large part of the technical documentation for new products with focus on compliance and quality
- We believe that you are a highly committed and self-driven person.
- You have probably studied Engineering.
- You have experience from working in product development in different kind of materials and production methods, it is very good if you have experience from- or interest in product testing, verification and validation.
- You are a goal- and delivery oriented a problem solver with strong communication skills and the ability to build relations.
- In your mind a failure is just another idea that did not work and you are not afraid to try, again and again.
- When needed, you can conduct repetitive, low complexity tasks with attention to details.
What you will get
- You will get a ton of trust from leaders and colleagues and there will be super high expectations on you to perform and develop yourself and the business.
- Your manager will do her best to clear the way so that you can succeed in your job and develop towards your best self -at work and most importantly: You will be part of a team with smart, hardworking, caring and down to earth people.
We look forward to receiving your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English latest 30th of June 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
Please note this is a temporary assignment until 2022-08-31
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Product Engineer Manager Jenny Håkansson at [email protected]. If you have questions regarding this role or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Katie Pettersson on +46 702 99 42 48.
We are looking forward to your application!