- Älmhult, Sweden
Can you really reach out to the whole world, creating a better everyday life for the many people? In Älmhult, Sweden you can. Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden. Here the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world.
At IKEA of Sweden you will work in a truly international and dynamic environment. You will have different opportunities to learn new skills and where the goal always is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We are now looking for an Accounting Specialist to the Accounting department.
We offer a challenging and inspiring role where you will have the possibility to be a part of a great team working together to support the business in the best possible way. Are you ready to grow with us?
As Accounting Specialist you work close to the other team members and your main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Responsible for that the accounting and reporting is compliant with accounting legislation and practice (Swedish and Dutch gaap), income tax and VAT regulations and correct according to group guidelines and rules.
• Be jointly responsible for the monthly closing and year end closing, together with the Accounting Manager and other team members.
• Reconcile various accounts and identify errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
• Review the balance sheet and profit & loss and make necessary adjustments to correctly reflect accruals and provisions.
• Perform analyses on operating expenses and sales to ensure accurate accounting records.
• Pro-actively, together with colleagues within the accounting team and our stakeholders, improve and automate accounting and analytical processes where possible.
You will report to the Accounting Manager and the position is placed in Älmhult, Sweden.
We believe that you have deep knowledge and are very interested in accounting, Swedish tax and VAT regulations. You have a Bachelor/Master degree in Business Administration or equivalent working experience. If you have several years of working experience from an accounting or audit office would be a good match for this role.
To be successful in this role you need to:
• Have a strong business understanding and to be able to prioritize your work.
• Be accurate, analytical and able to complete your tasks efficiently.
• Have very good knowledge in Swedish accounting legislation and practice, income tax and VAT regulations.
• Be curious and open to new ways of working and strive to improve processes.
• If you have experiences from working with process flows, we see that as an advantage.
• You have experience from working with financial systems like Unit4 (Coda), Basware Alusta, Microsoft NAV, SAP Hana or equivalent.
• If you also have excellent knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Power BI, we see that as an advantage.
As a person you are positive, a good team player and have very good communication skills.
The IKEA values inspire you and creating a better everyday life for the many people guides you in your work.
As this role includes reading and understanding Swedish law and regulations regarding tax and VAT, you need to be fluent in Swedish for this position. Since the group language is English, you also need good knowledge in English.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Please send your application, CV and personal letter, in Swedish latest by August 10, 2021. Make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role! Please note that due to the summer vacation period it might take a while until you hear back from us.