People & Culture Specialist-Part Time
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Supply China (“ISCN”) is the wholesale business unit buying IKEA goods from Suppliers and selling to retailers in Asia Pacific region, comparable to IKEA Supply AG. As a unit equipped with finance, legal, risk, compensation & benefit, corporate communication specialists, ISCN also provides common/shared services to all Inter IKEA business units and sites in China.
Purpose of function
How the function contributes to the business of IKEA
As People & Culture function we want to be relevant and to truly contribute and add value to the business development in a fast changing and challenging world, by attracting, recruiting and developing people who love to fulfill our vision, by enabling a foundation for a great people experience and by enabling people to lead based on our culture and values.
Purpose of job
How the job contributes to the purpose of the function
- To contribute to great and consistent co-worker experience
- The P&C Specialists provide expert knowledge and advice to the organization within P&C processes./legal unit
- Develop, update, implement and assess standards, guidelines and policies within the own areas of expertise accordance to specific country laws and regulation and global policies and guidelines
Within own area of expertise:
- Contribute to the creation and operational implementation of the P&C action plan and where the area of expertise is of high value.
- Ensure P&C-related compliance with relevant internal and external regulations. Take actions in case of deviations or improvement potentials.
- As a functional expert, provide solutions and execution in one or more of the following P&C fields.: P&C systems and database, payroll, compensation and benefits, hiring/exit processes and relocation, personnel administration, internal and external audit. Labour law and Work environment
- Establish relevant company standards/guidelines/working methods and help enforce and implement them
- Act as a cultural role model in ways that demonstrate the IKEA values
- Level of understanding/knowledge is "high" in own areas of expertise, good in the other areas.
- Deep knowledge of IKEA Culture & Values
- Understanding of relevant People strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of IKEA people related approaches
- Expert knowledge of relevant HR processes and tools based on local needs
- Knowledge of local employment legislations, co-worker relations and labour market situations and trends
- Fluent in English and local language
- Is passionate about people and has a strong belief in individuals’ potential
- Interest in understanding of the IKEA business model
- Passionate to support, develop and implement improvements in the areas of expertise
- Share IKEA culture & values
- Interest and drive to find common interests and synergies, building trust and partnership to reach common goals.
Job specific capabilities:
- Support relevant areas of expertise with the business and people strategies in mind
- Build trust and relationships
- Have a structured approach and perform with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Communicate in a clear and effective way, ability to transfer knowledge
- Leadership is everyone’s responsibility at IKEA. Leadership behaviours differ depending on your position and your level of leadership – leading myself, leading others, leading leaders and leading matrix partners.
- Entrepreneurship of the many is how we Inspire and clarify & Unleash entrepreneurs.
- Performance with meaning is how we Create customer value & Lead with IKEA values.
- Working together is how we Build strong relationships & Collaborate and co-create
Key previous experiences and proven skills
Key previous experience and skills needed before the job can be taken up
- Expert knowledge in one or several P&C area.
- Ability to work comfortably and communicate effectively with various audiences both verbally and in writing
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Live and share the IKEA values
Welcome with your application! More details, please contact Joy Mao ([email protected]).