Senior Business Unit Controller (Division Controller) | Core Business Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we. At IKEA we invite you to grow in your own way. That could be growing in your position, expanding your horizons or even moving to a new country. Come see things a little differently with us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow in your position or across the organisation.
About the assignment
As Division Controller you work in the Financial Control & Reporting team, part of the Finance department. You are part of a team of 4 professionals and will be based in Delft.
Your key stakeholders are Leadership Area managers, Business Navigators managers and finance functions such as Accounting and Inter IKEA Group Finance. You will be part of the Financial Control & Reporting Matrix where you are interacting with other Division controllers and Financial controllers and Portfolio Leaders in IKEA Franchise.
As a Division Controller we offer a mixture of both leading, coordinating and operational responsibilities as the Division Controller also fulfils the role of Financial Controller for the Leadership Area Business Support.
The assignment of the team is developing and leading the financial planning and reporting for Core Business Franchise by;
- Leading and coordinating the annual budgeting process
- Leading and coordinating the monthly financial and management reporting
- Defining and describing forecasting and reporting processes for stakeholders and the team
Continuously improving our ways of working. Our ambition is to drive the right questions at the right moment in time and to support the business in its decision making process by providing value added financial information and with financial competences.
As a Division Controller you will:
- Work with monthly reporting for Franchising in total but also monthly follow up for Business Support as a Leadership Area.
- Create and improve reports and reporting process
- Drive the monthly financial forecasting and reporting processes
- Drive the timeline/calendar for reporting processes, prepare templates, follow up on deviations/concerns, consolidate figures and prepare comments and reports for management
- Manage master data
- Act as a super user for key reporting solutions (e.g. SAP BPC, etc)
- Support with ad-hoc reporting & analysis.
You are a natural leader with excellent communication skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, clear, engaging and inspirational way. You are able to prioritize, set goals, and follow-up in order to secure delivery and achievements.
You have a methodical, analytical, and critical thinking capability; capability to analyse, draw conclusions and act on them with a holistic business understanding.
You've possibilities to develop towards a managerial role in the future.
What more are we looking to find in you?
- Post-secondary degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field, or equivalent combination of relevant education/training and work experience.
- At least 4-5 years of experience of financial modelling, forecasting, and reporting processes, methods and related tools (e.g. SAP, Planview, Qliksense, Excel) preferable from a multinational company
- Computer literacy, including the ability to work with various IT systems and digital tools
- Thorough understanding of activities involved in budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Good knowledge of project and process management relevant to drive effective financial planning and reporting
- Good understanding principles and practices for stakeholder management
- A holistic view of financial controlling – how it influences and is influenced by the broader business environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Our vision, to create a better everyday life for the many people, influences everything we do. It’s a vision that lives in the everyday efforts of all co-workers, all over the world.
Fulfilling the IKEA vision requires a strong, efficient and sustainable business setup. That's why it's built on a franchise system. The IKEA Franchisor, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., is the worldwide owner of the IKEA Concept, and has the responsibility to ensure that the IKEA Concept stays attractive and competitive while enabling growth and a profitable business for IKEA franchisees.
More information for you
This is a position at our Inter IKEA Systems office in Delft and is a fulltime (40 hours) contract. Please submit your CV along with a letter of motivation in English before 30 June 2021. Recruitment talks can be started before the closing date.
If you have questions about the position then please contact Gabriella Stenson: [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!