- Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
IKEA Supply (Middle East) DW – LLC (ISME) is a member of the Inter IKEA Group within the core business Range & Supply. ISME’s main task is to supply goods for the sale to specific Middle Eastern IKEA store owned by the franchisee retailers outside the INGKA Group.
Purpose of Function:
To ensure that import and export business are conducted in compliance with internal and external rules and regulations.
To secure a well-functioning import and export process to support our strategic goal of having products available when customers want it.
Purpose of Job:
Is to secure a compliant, correct and efficient inbound and outbound process into the Dubai Free Trade Zone as well as support the internal and external stakeholders within the Middle East Region with accurate and compliant customs documentation to enable an effective and efficient customs process.
- Daily Handling of customs relevant information and secure contact and support to-or-from other IKEA units, external service providers and authorities to ensure timely, accurate and compliant inbound and outbound procedures in accordance with applicable to customs rules and regulations.
- Control and investigate when issues occur to secure compliance in every customs related process according to the applicable legislations.
- Ensure that our Business Partners in the Middle East countries get all necessary documents in time to secure a compliant, effective and efficient customs clearance processes.
- Take responsibility of your own development by reaching goals in development plan.
- Contribute to reach your teams and the department’s goal.
- Contribute to a good work environment via supporting cross- functionally within the IKEA Supply (Middle East) and other Inter IKEA organizations.
- Identify and raise process improvements and control weaknesses.
- Participate and control internal control programs and audit.
- Participate/lead operational projects, handling of change, co-ordinating cross functional processes.
- Handle and create reports related to daily tasks and internal controls.
- Logistics education or at least 3 years of previous experience in import/export operations or logistics.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Solid Arabic language skills will be an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and overall good knowledge in MS Office
- Working in a service minded atmosphere and IKEA value-based environment with daily contact with internal and external stakeholders- local as well as international.
- Working in a routine based environment.
- A work environment characterized by taking responsibility, problem solving, analytical thinking with compliance in focus.
- A fast changing everyday with focus on prioritizing and structure in a cost efficient way.
- Willingness to know "why" and take responsibility.
- Being a part of a team and sharing knowledge/information.
- Be able to document and communicate in a clear and respectful way, both within the team and with relevant stakeholders.
- Be able to create structure, plan and prioritize to deliver assignments with high quality.
- Be able to analyse with focus on details and follow up on relevant goals and deviations.
- Be able to drive, implement and live in change to move yourself, your assignments and the business forward.
- Be able to create an environment where the IKEA fundamental values characterize the everyday life.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If you need more information please write to - [email protected]
Start date? As soon as possible!
Sounds interesting? Then send in your application and let us get to know you!
Please apply no later than the 21 June 2021.
We can't wait to hear from you!