- Port Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
About the assignment
The purpose of the job is to secure excellence in logistical operational performance, and its further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders; contributing to reaching customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost (considering impacts of quality, safety, service performance, sustainability and other supply chain costs).
Job specific key tasks and responsibilities:
- Logistical ("flow") performance: Secure total logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective by booking optimal transport solutions under the consideration of IKEA supply chain stakeholder preconditions. Monitor & Follow-up the shipments to secure availability for our customers
- Daily operations: Reschedule and/or cancel shipments in case of logistical operational deviations based on Global Working Methods. Suggest improvement potentials for parameters and set-ups affecting delivery planning and execution and Global Working Methods
- Deviation Handling: Work in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. carriers, suppliers) to solve operational deviations. Follow-up operational deviations and search for solutions to avoid operational deviations in the future
- Capacity Deviations: Secure transport capacity by monitoring and requesting spot solutions within agreed frame
- Communication: Secure proactive communication with internal IKEA supply chain stakeholders and external Service Providers, in particular in case of delayed and/or changed deliveries
- Data Management: Secure correct data in our Transport systems and provide reasons codes to secure proper visiblity for any deviation in our planning process. Alerts concerned parties about incorrect or missing information required for the delivery planning and execution process
- Plan and manage deliveries: Actively contributes to the development of the Delivery Operations process, system and the Global Working Methods within the Supply Chain
- Extra-costs: Follow-up NCAs (Extra-costs) and investigate all cases. Decide based on legal documents and secure documentation of each case
- Secure minimum EQU in our trucks together with Senders
- Escalate to Delivery Planning Manager in case of deviations in our planning process
- the IKEA culture & values inspire you every day anew
- you have an university diploma / degree in logistics, economics, business administration or other relevant background
- you have worked at least 2 years with logistics/supply chain processes
- you have experience in logistical performance and developing of win-win throughout the entire supply chain
- you have good problem solving skills as well as working within set deadlines
- you have the capability to build fact-based business cases in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders and find win-win-solutions within the supply chain
- you have good presentation and communication skills and the capability of building effective and trustful relationships
- you always strive to reach goals with a high level of energy and motivation and are confident to make independent decisions
- you enjoy interacting with many different people and networks and always have the customer and cost in focus
You will be member of a team where sharing and learning together is a very important part of developing the business. You will have the possibility to establish and widen your personal networks. You can grow your experience as well as gaining a broader knowledge of IKEA supply chain.
This assignment will be based at IKEA Supply (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd Distribution Centre in Pulau Indah, Port Klang, Malaysia.
This opening is for Malaysian only.