SCD - Solution Owner Material Flow Control (MFC)
- Dortmund, Germany
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Intralogistics organisation is responsible to establish, lead, support and develop logistics solutions for the various IKEA units that have a logistical and fulfilment component, including the development and innovation agenda of intralogistics at IKEA global. In practical terms, Intralogistics shall lead and educate in creating concepts, processes and solutions for IKEA Handling and Storage as well as to act as centre of expertise for all establishments of logistics units around the globe. The organisation is in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automated goods handling.
About the job
As a Solution Owner MFC within Supply Chain Development (SCD) Intralogistics you are responsible for the planning and coordination of MFC solution related activities. From defining requirements for innovative logistical solutions to life cycle management activities you are the speaking partner for intralogistics colleagues and the users on their specific sites. You keep track of the budget needed to comply to technical, business and legal requirements. The follow up with our colleagues regarding incident and problem management is part of the job. You are embedded in the MFC solution management team within the Automation & Design department and maintain close contact to solution owners of connected systems.
About the assignment
As the Solution Owner MFC
- You are accountable for all aspects of Solution delivery for the material flow in our Warehouses according to established ways of working
- You drive continuous improvements of the Solution regarding functionality, cost and quality
- You identify and support user needs
- You create and manage budget
- You are responsible for Solution compliance according to relevant rules and standards
- You are responsible for release management incl. functional, technical and life cycle management related changes
- You manage business development activities
- You steer our external software partners
As a person, you have a strong interest in supply chain and intralogistics as well as in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics. You have a passion for planning and leading in a global assignment and to drive and develop the business and yourself to deliver excellent results. Moreover, you have a desire to collaborate and interact with various stakeholders.
We also see that you have:
- A solid knowledge of end-to-end Solution or Application Management and an understanding of related Information Technology
- Gathered experience in the field of Warehouse-Management-Application and its adjoining systems
- Knowledge and skills in software development, requirement management, test methods and tools
- Experience in release- and project management with the ability to estimate costs and complexity and plan activities
- Experience in vendor- and contract management
- Excellent moderation and organizational skills and can interact and align with stakeholders from different functional and regional areas.
- International travelling is no problem for you and you strive for working in IKEA's multicultural team.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work opportunities in a global environment. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us in an international network with future oriented projects and technical innovations.
This position is based in Dortmund, Germany. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 11th of July. If you have questions regarding the role please contact Michael Schlarmann at +49 151 440 64 610. Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
We welcome all applications. In the first selection process, we will consider candidates from current Supply Chain Development organization. Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Co-workers within IKEA Supply lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.