Packaging Solution Engineer
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Development Centre East Asia (DevC EA)
Located in Shanghai, Development Centre East Asia is affiliated to the IKEA of Sweden. Our assignment is to lead product development capabilities close to people and partners in strategic locations to deliver IKEA product range with simplicity, speed and low cost. Through Democratic Design we ensure a relevant product range on IKEA markets with a strong IKEA identity and uniqueness.
We are now looking for Packing Solution Engineer, come to join us!
As Packaging Solution Engineer, you are responsible to design, develop, improve and document optimal packaging solutions for the whole IKEA value chain.
• Design and develop packaging solutions suitable for multichannel retail environment with customers’ convenience in focus to the lowest cost.
• Design and develop packaging solutions by applying design for manufacturing, design for automation, design for sustainability principles, securing safety, quality and cost throughout value chain
• Develop and adjust packaging solution to meet needs and changes in Supply Chain, sales solution or selling pattern, based on input from product development, commercial and supply chain competences.
• Identify the packaging improvement potentials and give input to Action Plan.
• Secure that the packaging solution is meeting all packaging requirements
• Secure the technical packaging documentation at correct quality level through the entire lifecycle according to IKEA Standards and Guideline
• Secure necessary systems are updated and maintained timely
• Initiate and perform development test and develop test methods when required.
• Contribute in initiatives related to improvement and new development of working methods, processes and measurements within packaging solutions.
• Passionate about creating the best packaging solution for the customer at the right price with the right quality, beautiful design, and focus on sustainability
• Packaging engineering knowledge (constructions, tolerancing, drawing technique, models, material, production etc)
• Packaging Material knowledge (Cost drivers, Raw material, Production, Sustainability, and Innovation)
• Supply Chain knowledge (Cost Drivers, Handling and Storage of Goods, Sales and Distribution Channels)
• Analytical and creative skills with ability to transfer knowledge, concepts and ideas into packaging solutions in the form of technical documentation.
• Ability to handle large quantities of information and work with several development teams and product areas in parallel.
• Strong ability to work in teams and make things happen through involving and engaging people.
• Good level of IT tools ( Solidworks, Artios CAD or AUTO CAD).
• Knowledge/experience in design of unit loads (logistic flow design)
• Knowledge/experience in multichannel retailing
• Knowledge/experience in traceability through identification
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation by end of June. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.
Curious to know more? Let´s connect!
please contact People&Culture Leader Judy Pan ([email protected]).