Communication Specialist, Communication Matrix Purchasing Development
- Älmhult, Sweden
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a value-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow.
In Purchasing Development, our assignment goes hand and hand with the IKEA Business Idea, as we are responsible to produce the ‘wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them’. We produce and supply IKEA products and food with affordability, accessibility, sustainability and quality as our main priorities. Today, we are almost 1300 co-workers and more than 1200 home furnishing suppliers who work globally to contribute to the IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Do you have a passion for communication?
We are looking for a communication specialist that can build understanding, engagement and ambassadorship of what we stand for in Purchasing Development, where we are heading to and why, among co-workers, partners, and customers and across the IKEA network. By being proactive, authentic and agile, we build trust, strengthen our brand and support the growth of the IKEA business.
You are a structured and creative communicator who enjoys developing and implementing an efficient mix of communication channels and activities to strengthen stakeholder engagement and trust in the IKEA brand. To develop and deliver strong internal and external communication, you will be partnering with a network of communicators in the Purchasing Development business units.
In this position you will:
- Contribute to develop holistic communication within Purchasing Development which helps position our business within and beyond Range & Supply to strengthen the IKEA brand.
- Contribute to supply chain risk communication assessments, media readiness a well as story making to the markets, media and other external stakeholders.
- Develop, execute and follow up communication plans, assignments and projects to support the development of the business.
- Enable others to lead with communication through coaching and by offering planning and communication support around content creation and delivery to make strategic messages clear, simple and understandable.
- Secure the IKEA tone of voice by providing relevant support, guidelines, tools and templates.
- Be an ambassador and act as a role model of the IKEA brand, culture and values.
- Participate and contribute to relevant networks and cross-functional assignments.
- You are passionate about communication as a business enabler and tactical tool to lead business and people and to drive engagement.
- As a person you are curious, deadline-oriented and thrive in having different assignments on various topics while keeping the bigger picture in mind. You find it easy to adapt to new situations and to co-create to fulfill communication needs with a variety of stakeholders.
- You are organised and know how to turn communication needs into communication with a clear focus on delivering communication at the right time and in a way that meets both business objectives as well as the receiver needs.
- You collaborate with stakeholders to build trust and partnership to reach business goals, building strong relationships and networks.
- You are motivated to live and share our IKEA culture and values.
- You have strong written, visual, and spoken communication skills and the ability to communicate in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice.
You have knowledge and experience within the following areas:
- Business communication planning, execution and follow-up.
- Knowledge of how to segment audiences, creating and strengthen key messages to support needs and situations of different target groups.
- Knowledge of layout, web publishing and working with a mix of digital and physical formats and content assets for an optimal effect.
- Knowledge of change communication and tools, where a background in developing and implementing communication for projects and processes is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to facilitate as well as deliver a good presentation, facilitate meetings, workshops and trainings sessions.
- Experience in project leadership and project management tools.
We are hiring for 2 positions, one permanent and one 2 years Temporary Assignment positions and your home base will be in Älmhult, Sweden but you will also be engaging and working with colleagues and stakeholders globally. In this assignment, you will report to the Purchasing Development Communication Matrix Manager.
Our team is the voice of IKEA. We use words, pictures, and videos to tell the story about the IKEA supply chain, to build our brand and engage our stakeholders. You will be part of a highly collaborative, supportive, and creative team. We bounce ideas back and forth; we challenge each other, and we are crazy passionate about communication and having fun.
Please send us your application in English – CV and motivation letter – no later than June 22nd, 2021. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Amanda Lacerda at [email protected]. If you have questions regarding this role or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Katie Pettersson on +46 702 99 42 48.
We are looking forward to your application!