Business Developer, Category Land, Supply Chain Operations
- Älmhult, Sweden
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. A big mission which requires people with big passion. Come join us in this journey and let’s make the world better together!
Supply Chain Operations organisation with its 800 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability, and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a Business Developer to secure the business objectives according to the IKEA strategic direction and Category Business Plan. You establish and develop high performing service providers' base, meeting the needs of business and our customers today and in the future. The aim for you is to be the preferred business partner for existing and new IKEA Service providers. You contribute to the optimisation of the value chain that creates better products and services at lower total costs to reach more of the many customers.
You will work for Category Area Transport, Category Land, and report to the Business Development Manager. You will be part of our business team located in Älmhult.
Amongst other things, you will:
• Be responsible for business development with a defined number of Service Providers and defined business scope. Develop effective relationships with Service providers to secure their performance in all respects (as per defined goals and KPIs).
• Professionally challenge and support Service providers to constantly improve all aspects based on current and future needs. Cooperate with Service Providers to continuously increase their overall competitiveness through new business opportunities, such as better networks, alternative drive-trains and fuels, better equipment, intermodal solution, innovation, digitalisation, etc
• Identify and proposes new carriers based on long-term business needs. Participates in Service Providers Classification process, in identification of "prioritized" and “potential prioritized” Service providers.
• Identify and acts on business opportunities, actively takes part in tenders and other procurement activities according to relevant working methods. Acts on opportunities & creates preconditions for SPs' production cost-down & securing respective price impact and development of all relevant business performance criteria
• Maintain extensive knowledge of relevant transport market conditions, keep up-to-date with industry trends, incl. innovative approaches and economical influences (resulting to e.g. network/flow changes, etc.). Follow the development of legal/regulatory framework.
• Establish and secure fulfilment of Frame Agreement and Sub-agreements. Responsible to secure Service Providers' IWAY compliance, Supply Chain Security and financial screening requirements.
To shine and succeed in this role, we wish that you:
• have a wide professional experience (at least 3 years) with purchasing and business development within Transportation or elsewhere. Experience from other parts of the Supply Chain like Retail or Purchase Development is valuable.
• understand the transport industry, market conditions and macroeconomic trends and how those influence transport business
• have good knowledge of IKEA Strategic landscape, Business Model, Code of Conduct, and main IKEA business processes (Service Provider Classification, PDP, SDP)
• have been successfully developing and handling businesses from tactical and strategic perspectives, preferably in multinational environment
• have experience of interacting with external partners including service provider management
• have excellent communication & negotiation skills and the ability to build trustful relationships
• have good knowledge in building & evaluating fact-based business cases
• are a team player with an ability to drive development
• are fluent in English, both written and spoken
It comes natural for you to always act as an IKEA ambassador towards both external as well as internal stakeholders, and you perform business responsibilities based on value- and fact-based business approach. Your entrepreneurial spirit is strong and you have a natural way of seeing business opportunities and take action.
You have high aspirations, you show ambition and hunger to improve and do better. Your dedication and commitment together with true openness and curiosity to new things really do make things happen. Your networking capabilities are well developed and help you foster long-term and successful relationships with both external stakeholders and your close co-workers. When needed you are also able to work with limited guidance and lead yourself into the unknown.
Finally, we hope that you share our values and have a great interest to join our mission to create a better life for the many people. Let’s do this together!
Does this sound like you? Yes? Then, why not apply?
We offer you a position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of future opportunities!
The position is based in Älmhult, Sweden.
Thanks for reading this far. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English latest by 22nd June 2021. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Business Development Manager Jurgita Modgabyte Mortensen at +46 723528052. About recruitment process, please contact People & Culture Recruiter Aivita Grockyte at [email protected]
Welcome with your application!