Data Scientist, 2 year employment/assignment | Digital & IT | Core Business Franchise
- Malmö, Sweden
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks. In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
We enable IKEA people in the value chain by developing new ways of working supported by processes, methods, tools and services. We do that by leading the development of solutions that ensure a unique and successful meeting with existing and new IKEA customers. Leading when and how IKEA expands, we enable one common way of working, with high impact at a low cost.
In our working environment everyone feels encouraged to experiment, try new ways and dare to ask: “What if…?” We care for performance with meaning, where you can develop yourself and your career globally. Read more about us at franchisor.IKEA.com
In these exciting times, we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our IKEA knowledge graph product development team. The assignment of the IKEA knowledge graph product is to formalize an explicit IKEA ontology of the knowledge we have at IKEA and make the knowledge consumable for all IKEA trademark users using modern integration solutions. The product team will create an infrastructure, allowing for the actual knowledge domain owners to model the graph themselves following both legal structures and internal IKEA governance principles and at source. This also implies that we can remove the integration and transformation layer. After that, we will distribute the knowledge to all retailers in high-performant and scalable way and where they are, which is +50 markets around the IKEA globe.
Your job as Data Scientist is to perform research and analysis of the ontology model and to develop models for data analysis to both improve the graph model itself but also so the result of using the knowledge graph becomes better and so entity extraction and matching algorithms becomes better and more efficient.
As Data Scientist you will:
Facilitate the construction of transparent, reproducible, reusable and generalisable data science products and services.
Research and develop models for data analysis.
Design, develop and maintain data science models and infrastructures, for your area or product.
Collaborate with Product Team or area to understand needs and devise possible solutions.
Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
Contribute to the dissemination of methodologies, accelerators or algorithms created for specific models or analysis.
Responsible to make sure that the insights and conclusions from data science are easily available to other parts of the organisation.
Support a culture of data-driven decision making across IKEA organisations.
Continuously improve existing models and environments.
Work closely together with data engineers, architects, analysts, peers, and other relevant roles across IKEA as well as in your team.
Ensure application and consistency with relevant digital frameworks, principles, guidelines, and standards.
Document and make the operational know-how of the data science models available to the IKEA ecosystem.
Keep up to date with the latest technology trends.
Assure quality and contribute to testing of deliverables
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Good knowledge or genuine interest in the IKEA Concept, IKEA Brand Identity and IKEA Culture & Values.
- Comprehensive understanding of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation.
- Proficiency with an appropriate set of languages, technologies, and frameworks (e.g., Python, R, Julia, Stan, Tensorflow, Keras, Jupyter, Databricks, Azure ML, ADLS) and cloud environments (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google).
- Proficiency with data modelling techniques and concepts and especially graph databases and semantic technologies and besides that knowledge of conventional databases (SQL, Oracle or related).
We also believe that you have a combination of the following capabilities and motivation:
- Ability to explain statistical and machine learning techniques to non-technical stakeholders and software engineers.
- Ability to work with technology as a business tool and translate requirements into solutions, balancing user experience, business needs and IT constraints.
- Good analytical skills combined with being structured and organised.
- Good interpersonal communication skills: active listening, coaching, and facilitating.
- Ability to make complex situations simple, understood and embraced.
- Eager to take initiative and driven to achieve results with people.
- Enjoy developing IKEA through innovation and by building relationships and networks.
- Bring a growth mind-set: curious to explore, eager to learn and finding better ways, as well as and energised by sharing.
- Inspired by possibilities and opportunities digital and information technology bring to enable, transform and break new grounds.
- Commitment to the users and customers with energy to champion their needs
We also believe that you have the following required work experience/background
Minimum Master's degree in statistics, physics, mathematics, econometrics, computer science or related.
Experience as a project member in agile project environments and methodologies as well in running business activities.
Preferred 5 years’ experience in equal or comparable position.
Preferred: previous knowledge/experience of ontology modelling and semantic technology
This is a full time position (40h/weeks) that will initially be a two year employment with possibility to make permanent in the future. We are also open for freelancing if employment is not what you are looking for.
The position will be located in Malmö/Sweden or Delft/The Netherlands. To some extent work can take place remotely within Sweden or The Netherlands, however you are expected to also work from the office on a regular basis. Note that no relocation support is available for this position. Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 20 June 2021. We will assess and interview candidates continuously as the applications come in and the position could be filled before.
If you have questions about the vacancy, please contact David Hagland ([email protected])