Service Provider Operations Developer-Category Middle Receiver Unit(SH)
- Shanghai, China
Supply Chain Operations organization with its almost 750 co-workers connect IKEA customers with its products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimizing replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing supply quality.
In Category Mid Receiver Units, we source and operate logistical units, predominantly located close to suppliers, which consolidate small shipments to full loads, at the right place, in right time and cost. We work with one of the most dynamic area of Logistics, one in which innovation and technology advances forces us to continuously get better.
As a Service Provider Operations Developer, you will be responsible to secure and continuously improve our Service Provider's operational performance and maximize the optimization potential related to its operational costs - in close cooperation with business partners and relevant supply chain stakeholders. You will also be involved into exciting innovation projects and contribute to the development of our future warehouse concept, including automation and digitalization.
In this role you will act in the following dimensions:
- Secure operational performance of the service provider (as defined by relevant KPIs, in relation to capacity, precision, qualitative parameters, claims, safety, etc.)
- Together with the service providers and relevant internal stakeholders, secure optimal usage of agreed capacity vs. planned/needed capacity. Actively work with capacity forecasting, identify constraints and find optimal solutions which lead to securing needed capacity at lowest total cost.
- Support tenders; contribute with local operational and market knowledge (e.g. safety standards), and details of service providers performance and operational capabilities
- In close cooperation with relevant functions, implement new set-ups
- Contribute to development of working methods and other steering documents
- Secure and share needed industry competence with all relevant function
- Monitor and secure execution of signed contracts and agreed terms & conditions. Perform compliance/spot checks at service providers to verify compliance with given parameters, such as quality of equipment, safety and security, etc.
You may be the person we are looking for if:
- You are inspired by IKEA’s values and it’s mission to provide a better everyday life for the many people;
- Are interested to explore working in one of the most dynamic area in Logistics for a period of 12 months;
- You have previously worked in the Logistics or Supply Chain organisation of an international organisation
- Understand specific aspects related to warehousing and main factors impacting operational performance
- Have good analytical and follow up skills
- You are self-driven, and you feel comfortable in engaging and driving through our operational agenda with various stakeholders (internal & external to IKEA)
- You are proficient in working with Excel, including performing analysis and putting together reports.
- You can communicate fluently in English, both verbal and in writing.
If you are interested to apply to job, please submit your application as soon as possible. As we are in urgent need of our new colleagues, we will review applications on ongoing basis and stop the process when we found a suitable candidate.