- Malmö, Sweden
IKEA is in a transformation journey with the aim to combine our home furnishing knowledge with modern digital technologies to enable an agile, relevant and personal experience for the many people. Some of the top priorities for digitalization of marketing communication is to enable effective creation and distribution of impactful, relevant and updated content across all channels and markets, while enabling collaboration with partners and external parties across the globe. To increase our impact and accessibility and lower waste, the ambition is to be data-driven, using analytics and intelligence for effective planning, executing, tracking and following up of marketing plans, to reach the many people and increase ROI.
To support the journey, we created a digital transformation team setting the direction, guidelines and processes including execution and governance of digital communications across IKEA entities and channels. As part of this journey we are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
As Data Engineer, you will be part of a bold cross functional Product Team of digital entrepreneurs, UX designers, data scientists and engineers – jointly working on creating a better customer/coworker experience across IKEA and across channels.
You will embrace agile methodologies & be an ambassador for agile practices & product culture in your team and with transversal teams.
You are curious and open minded, naturally building bridges between teams. Unafraid of complex environments, you see them as an opportunity to clarify and simplify.
Your main responsibilities will be to :
- Provide APIs to enable easy and standardized sharing and access of data
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Analyse, design, develop, test, and sustain infrastructures for data sourcing, maintenance, generation and sharing.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- Document and make the operational know-how of the data infrastructure and engineering solutions available for the IKEA ecosystem and ensure awareness around available data.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Ensure cost conscious and maintainable solutions.
You have 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role with a graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent knowledge about on-premise/cloud/hybrid infrastructure including Dynamics365 and Azure.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
The location for this position is flexible; you could either work from our offices in Malmö or in Älmhult, depending on what suits you best.
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest 14th of June 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hiring manager Emilie Bardou at [email protected] about the recruitment process feel free to contact Recruiter Emil Gretland on +46 739599112.