Workplace Operations Manager to IKEA of Sweden
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA thrives when our passion for people, business, life at home and creating a better everyday life come together. The IKEA vision, the IKEA business idea and our IKEA values are the guiding stars for everything we do. We are building on 75 successful years and are transforming our business and leadership into a new era.
Steering & Support in IKEA of Sweden AB hosts several enabling functions such as Finance & Administration, Business Steering, Product Risk & Compliance, Legal and provide insights to different parts of the range organization making the right business decisions and by the services provided connected to our workplace gives us the right preconditions to thrive and deliver at work. Workplace Operations (WPO) is an independent function within Steering & Support responsible to support the core business with a variety of workplace and facility related services and providing functional workspaces for INTER IKEA companies located in Sweden. WPO is seen as a reliable and professional service provider that helps the many co- workers do their job efficiently in an inspiring atmosphere.
Come and join us in Steering & Support where you will meet dedicated and knowledgeable teams and leaders and you will play an important role in developing both the business and our people! Now we are looking for a Workplace Operations Manager.
As Workplace Operational Manager you will lead and develop IKEA of Sweden (IoS) Facility and Office support services in the WPO function, mainly for IoS locations in Älmhult. The unit consists of close to 60 co-workers led by 5 functional managers and team leaders.
Overall accountability for facility related projects and securing that workspace needs are met for both space and content lies in the scope of the role
This includes providing services outside IKEA of Sweden when needed for economy of scale securing an IKEA price tag. Continuously balancing cost and benefit for a mix of services and in house capabilities for commerciality, is also an important part of the job.
You are part of the management team for Steering and Support and report to the Chief Finance Officer for IKEA core business Range.
Your assignment will also include:
- Secure the long- and short-term availability and functionality of IoS workspaces, and Office support services to meet business needs.
- Secure that Safety & Security requirements are met within locations under the responsibility of WPO.
- Develop and maintain business sense within WPO functions through securing relevant performance measurements/KPI’s and process improvements.
- Manage and follow up on budget and co-workers.
As our next Workplace Operations Manager, you need to have an understanding and honest belief in the values of the IKEA Culture, a passion for the business and be fully motivated by leading business and people together. You are an experienced leader with the capability to lead, coach and inspire people to see possibilities and to work together. You are good at communicating in a clear and simple way with all types of stakeholders, internally as well as externally and with experts, as well as with non-experts. Furthermore, you are driven by a strong curiosity and have a desire to find better ways together with others.
In order for you to be successful in the job as Workspace operational Manager, we also think it is important that you:
- Have excellent leadership skills, being a down-to earth leader providing clarity with a positive, inspiring approach and leading through others with the aim to let them shine in their roles and assignments.
- Are solution oriented and have a strong business acumen with the ability to work on a strategic level as well as sustaining excellence in daily operations on an operational and tactical level.
- Take great pride in service management towards our customer and organizational needs as they evolve over time.
- Are an excellent networker with the ability to build strong and trustful relationships across the organization.
- Have proven skills to prioritize your own work focused on delivering results and have the ability to make holistic, proactive, and rational facts-based decisions, as well as the ability to through your leaders and teams within WPO implement efficient services.
- Have a good understanding of information technology and how it can be used to improve efficiency and effectiveness with a strong sustainability agenda.
- Excellent communication skills and as English is our corporate language, the ability to express yourself in English is a prerequisite, both in written and verbal
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role, you do that under message to Hiring Manager. The last day to send your application is the 13th of June 2021
Curious to know more? Let´s connect!
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hiring manager, Marcus Vagnebohrn at [email protected] For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, Marie Sandman on +46 768545309