Mechanical Design Engineer
- Zbąszyń, Poland
IKEA Industry has a common organization for product development which is used as a common resource together across our factories and with the rest of IKEA for development within material, technique and future products within the Industry production. IKEA Industry is investing heavily in automation and digitalization and is currently implementing a product lifecycle management system (PLM) to be used across our units.
• Perform and lead analytical engineering work on furniture solutions to secure functionality and quality
• Focus on robustness and predictive analysis of how products will behave in use and during assembly
• Combine mechanics/dynamics analysis with material science to find cost optimized technical solutions for furniture construction and functions
• Accomplishment of goals agreed in projects in collaboration with IKEA Industry, IOS and other customers,
• Active participation in the furniture, material and technique development, full engagement in the workshop with multiple project teams,
- Business trips, mainly to Älmhult in Sweden but also to other factory sites in Poland and abroad.
• Education: Mechanical Engineering, preferably Applied Mechanics
• Degree: BSc, MSc,
• Experience: Structural analysis, mechanics, dynamics, materials science, FEM/FEA analysis
• English: at least B1 level
• MS Office (especially MS Excel), Solidworks,
• Strong integrity and promote our IKEA values and business ethics in the high extent.
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world. Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application in English at the latest 11th od June 2021.As we strive for a balanced gender mix, we are welcoming female applicants. For further information please contact Tobias Arvidsson, Innovation & Engineering Manager +46 708 453609 . We look forward to receiving your application before 11th of June, 2021. Send your applications to [email protected] HR coordinator