IKEA Museum Co-worker
- Älmhult, Sweden
The IKEA Museum in Älmhult, Sweden is a unique place for the many people. It shares the IKEA story by providing an experience of the IKEA Brand built on the dimensions of Democratic Design: beautiful form, great function, long-lasting quality, responsible sustainability and truly low prices.
The IKEA Museum includes a shop, BUTIKEN, offering a range of new and vintage products relating to the story of IKEA and the temporary exhibitions. Our restaurant, KÖKET, has 170 seats and offers modern interpretations of Swedish meatballs.
Our objective is to build and strengthen the IKEA brand by offering a high-quality experience, share the stories about IKEA, interact with people in the context of life at home, home furnishing and design as well as invite people behind the scenes of IKEA, giving people a more intimate experience of the brand. We want to be perceived as unique and meaningful with the ambition to increase peoples trust in IKEA.
Visitors shall experience the IKEA Museum as a natural “must-see” tourist destination in Småland, southern Sweden and northern Europe. IKEA co-workers shall experience the IKEA Museum as a source of knowledge about the Story of IKEA and our Culture & Values.
The Visitor Experience Team consists of about 15 co-workers with different backgrounds and experience. You meet our visitors with a great engagement and competence. As part of the team you are available to and make sure our visitors get the best possible experience from their museum visit. In the assignment you are responsible for ensuring that all our visitors feel welcome, share relevant visitor information, ensure that the museum is in shape as new on a daily basis and assist customers in the museum shop and throughout the museum.
- You are passionate about the IKEA vision “to create a better everyday life for the many people” and dedicated to the IKEA Concept and business idea.
- You enjoy the IKEA culture, live by IKEA values and build trustful relations with people.
- You are service minded, inspired by and curious about the museum visitor.
- You are inspired by working in a high energized environment.
- You enjoy sharing stories and do it in an inspirational way and feel confident talking into people in groups.
- You are inspired by working together in teams and find inspiration in delivering to others.
- You take initiative and action to full fill the current needs.
- You have the ability to find new better solutions on a daily basis.
- It is an advantage if you have work experience within service related jobs.
- We expect you are fluent in both Swedish and English, both written and spoken. It is also a plus if you speak additional languages, especially German.
- If you have experience from working within IKEA this is also a plus.
- You have computer skills.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
The position is a time-limited full time position from 1 July until 31 December 2021. IKEA Museum is open during 10 a.m. to 18 p.m. all days during the week and your working hours will be scheduled during the week and every sixth weekend.
If you have questions please contact Michael Nilsson, Team Leader Visitor Experience Team, phone nr +46 070 877 51 01.
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis so don´t hesitate to apply online already today. The closing date for applying is 20 June 2021.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!