Food Safety Leader
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Supply China (“ISCN”) is the wholesale business unit buying IKEA goods from Suppliers and selling to retailers in Asia Pacific region, comparable to IKEA Supply AG. As a unit equipped with finance, legal, risk, compensation & benefit, corporate communication specialists, ISCN also provides common/shared services to all Inter IKEA business units and sites in China.
Develop and maintain ISCN food safety system, internal and external to secure food safety for supply chain in China.
Build competence of food safety by proactively developing management system with the customer in focus based on a global approach.
- Maintain and optimize food safety management system, including food safety risks in China supply chain identify and assess, with suitable control plan establishment and routine check in order to realize effective and efficient control.
- Establish and maintain, based on China food safety legislations and IKEA business processes, suitable and effective working ways to ensure food safety requirements implemented in China food supply chain.
- Realize gate check and supervision, through a collaboration way, on food suppliers or services providers’ capabilities to continuously fulfil China food safety requirements on behalf of China food wholesaler.
- Represent China food wholesale company upon food safety related activities, including but not limited the preparedness for various emergencies in food supply chain, proper measurements for food safety cases and its follow up, food safety relevant government activities, and etc.
- Contribute in competence development activities for relevant food safety requirements to secure right competence and resources in the business, including license requirement related to specific food product import business, internal process/documentation establishment to fulfil authority requirements.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relations with food safety relevant institutes, authorities and alliances as well as internal IKEA stakeholders.
- Give inputs to the food operation process in Range and Supply and on the process in China supply chain in order to create correct instructions to reach compliance.
- University degree in food safety engineering, food technician, food lawyer or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Chinese food safety legislation and standards.
- Familiar with China system for developing food safety legislations.
- Fluent in English and Chinese, both spoken and written.
- Good knowledge in IKEA products, IKEA concept and overall IKEA business processes
- Building and maintain relationships
- Inspired by the complexity of China market
- Inspired by the IKEA vision
- A strong desire to influence, challenge and improve established food safety legislations and operation processes
- Always striving to work proactively
C Job-specific capabilities
- Ability to build trustworthy relations within the sphere of influence
- Strong communication skills to different groups internally and externally as well as experts and non-experts
- Leadership skills
- Dare to actively take discussion and debates
- Knowledge of business negotiation
D Leadership capabilities
- Inspire and clarify
- Unleash entrepreneurs
- Performance with meaning
- Create customer value
- Lead with IKEA values
- Working together
- Build strong relationships
- Collaborate and co-create
- Strong in communication.
- Able to build strong networks
- Experience from food products certification work
- Experience from global assignments
- Experience from authority relations
- Oriented in the IKEA food business
- Experience of Food safety / crisis case handling.
Welcome with your application! More details, please contact Joy Mao ([email protected]).