Business Developer – CA Food Trader
- Älmhult, Sweden
People within IKEA value a culture of humbleness and open-mindedness. We don't have a rigid hierarchy system and encourage everyone to talk to anyone, and we don't have a dress code. We are characterized by enjoying long discussions and a relaxed, natural order with a great deal of personal responsibility. The IKEA co-worker is proactive, engaged, internally motivated for results and eager to learn.
Purchasing and Logistics Area North
Co-workers within Purchasing lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.
If you’re getting a tingling feeling reading this - you’re in luck! We are now looking for Business Developer to CA Food.
As our next Business Developer Trader in CA Food you will develop and implement common action plans with your Traders, delivering excellent performance in running operations and building professional long term business development. You will also identify and act on new purchasing possibilities to secure optimal sourcing set-up together with food categories and food logistic team.
About the assignment
Being a Business Developer Trader in CA Food, you will be overall responsible for food purchase from Traders in Nordic countries, managing performance, relationship and overall cost of purchased food products.
Among other things, you:
• Are responsible for building professional and long-term relationships through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust, and transparency with key Traders in Nordics
• Negotiate yearly prices on cost plus model and monitor KPI parameters
• Identify business consolidation opportunities & propose actions on them
• Establish flexible product offer to cater for customer changing needs from existing Traders
• Professionally challenge Traders to constantly improve their performance in close cooperation with IKEA Food Logistic team
• Pro-actively work together with Retailers to integrate opportunities and act on deviations to Sourcing Assignment
• Are responsible to lower total cost at Trader level through optimizing value chain.
• Work closely in Trader matrix within CA and together with Supply Chain Operations and contribute to development for Trader business for IKEA
• You will also support One IKEA Food Supply Chain Program implementation in Nordic countries together with Retail, Business teams and suppliers.
At IKEA, we see things a little differently. We onboard our Traders as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve lower prices.
We hope to see that you check the following boxes:
• Passion for business and the end-goal, both will come in handy when negotiating with suppliers, you have to be strict but fair, solution-oriented person, concentrating energy on fixing all the normal business issues.
• You have knowledge and experience in economics and finance – understanding of a company financials like cash-flow, P&L, income statement etc., able to work with cost breakdown, the price is alpha and omega for us.
• You have previous food purchase experience
• You will use the art of dealing with people - empathy and good communication skills, in coordinating your small team and in dealing with suppliers and many other stakeholders in the IKEA supply chain.
• Analytical skills that are necessary for working with numbers, when negotiating prices, or when setting priorities for your work, which is usually high paced and demanding.
Finally, we hope that you share our values and have a great interest to join our mission to create a better life for the many people. Let’s do this together!
Does this sound like you? Yes? Then, why not apply?
Thanks for reading this far. We believe that your value is greater and more important than how much your CV can withstand. So if you like the idea of working at IKEA, write and let's meet.
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English latest by May 31st.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Mattias Ellerth, Project Manager, [email protected], +46 701 46 59 79. For questions regarding the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Aivita Grockyte at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!