Insight Integration Specialist | IKEA Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Who we are
The world is changing, and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA, though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop our competencies to meet the needs and dreams of the many people worldwide. And to be accessible and relevant, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
About IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI)
ICMI has the assignment to contribute to IKEA people making well-founded decisions based on actionable and timely insights. ICMI delivers Consumer Insights, Strategy & Market Insights, and Brand & Range Insights. Each of these three areas develops and/or operates insight sources to IKEA people across our value chain.
About the role
We are looking for an Insight Specialist to join the ICMI Insights Integration team. This group of highly energised people connects the output of the different ICMI sources (studies, capabilities, analysis, etc.) and turns them into complete stories and deliverables that influence plans and initiatives and decisions around IKEA priorities. The Insight integration scope is threefold:
- Co-create insights from the integration from multiple sources, both internal and external sources, to fulfill the different strategic processes, including Innovation and New Country Expansion.
- Co-create insights around key priority topics to help advance our contributions that depend on it—for example, insights on sustainability.
- Enable the application of methodological research solutions and set preconditions (approaches, lenses, and standards) to work efficiently and effectively.
By joining the Insights Integration team, you will work closely with stakeholders who work with strategic processes and help set the vision for IKEA. You will also work with other insights teams inside and outside ICMI to create the best solution and answer business requests and questions.
In this role, you will support IKEA by leading the Market Insight assignment, including:
- Lead the Insights assignment, ensuring ongoing development and delivery of strong insights based on facts and data.
- Contribute to the development of a solid and relevant IKEA brand and business offer.
- Closely work with stakeholders throughout the IKEA value chain, the project team on the supplier side, and the internal ICMI teams.
- You will secure the delivery of insights that integrate conclusions that, when brought together to the proper forums and decision-makers, make a strong case for change and advancing IKEA priorities.
- Lead insight initiatives in an agile way together and helping the ICMI team to grow as a leading group within IKEA.
- Translate the business needs into robust actions and plans that deliver consumer and market insights.
- Analyze and integrate different data sources into clear business conclusions, connecting the dots across various sources to draw unique insights.
- Contribute to cross-functional development, ensuring that methods and preconditions are in place to gain deeper market insights that will benefit IKEA globally.
- Contribute to building the cross-IKEA insights network and make sure deliverables worth sharing travel across the company ecosystem.
- Represent the consumer and market reality in meetings with business partners, including management and key stakeholders, to present data and insight results in an understandable and impactful way.
- Contribute to selecting and managing external partners to guarantee the best quality of data and knowledge within the agreed budget frame.
- Represent ICMI in relevant forums/meetings, supporting to create a culture of insight across IKEA organizations.
- Lead and work closely together with peers across the totality of Core Business Franchise and IKEA.
- Have a good knowledge of the IKEA Brand, IKEA culture & values, and the IKEA value chain.
- Knowledge of the IKEA strategic framework, strategy process, and business planning in HFB, market, and/or category dimensions.
- In-depth knowledge of using insight data sources, methods, and tools to help the business make better decisions.
- Have a strong good knowledge of research design, methods, and trends.
- Have the ability to convert data and insights into business decisions.
- Develop the capability to build trustful relationships with stakeholders, business partners, and franchisees (local retail organizations).
- Have strong analytical skills and the ability to connect the dots to come up with higher-level conclusions. You need to analyze, draw conclusions and act on them with a holistic business understanding.
- Have strong communication skills, capable of coming up with business stories that compel people to act upon your thinking, including basic facilitation skills.
- Active listening and the ability to communicate/visualize complex issues in a clear, engaging way.
- To collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competencies in the network.
- Actively build a knowledge-sharing network and competence to enable constant development in the IKEA value chain.
- Can cope with uncertainty and find new solutions without all the answers in place.
Required/ Relevant work experience
- Hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Psychology, Behavioural Science, Economics, or similar.
- Experience as an Insights and/or Analytics associate or manager with at least five years of experience working in a medium or large company environment or a research agency team.
- Proven track record of research and analytical project management, bring it to a conclusion to drive business impact.
- Experience working within a retailer or close to a retail environment is not compulsory, but it would be a great advantage.
- A passion for working with data, insight, and knowledge - willing to impact the future of insight and data at IKEA.
- Curious about what makes a business, a brand, and a product perform and be desired by consumers.
- It would be best if you were self-motivated, positive, and solutions-oriented.
- You care about people and the planet and believe in creating a better world.
- Enjoy developing IKEA by building relationships, partnerships, and networks.
Inter IKEA Systems offers an exciting work environment in a global marketplace with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. You will be part of a flexible, values-driven and open organization and get the opportunity to work with a fantastic brand! This is a full time position based in Delft in the Netherlands.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 26 May 2021. We are continuously interviewing candidates for this role, so don't hesitate to submit your application.