Supply Planner (Wood Panel)
- Kaunas, Lithuania
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
At IKEA, we see things a little differently. We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve lower prices.
You can have the confidence and freedom to do things your own way, including organizing your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
Use opportunities for learning and growth working with suppliers! You will be able to travel to look at various manufacturing companies, understand new and different technologies, people and cultures.
Everybody is seen as a talent. In regular informal talks with your manager you can explore your development and carrier opportunities. We will support you on the way by internal and external trainings. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them.
About the job
In IKEA Purchasing, we are organized in categories based on the material and function of the product. A Category is a group of articles sharing same materials, production techniques, and/or supplier base. Each category is led by a Category Manager and it consists of number of Business Development teams based around the world (being close to our suppliers) and global functional specialists (e.g., Engineering and Quality Leader). The assignment for the category is to lead Purchasing based on a common agenda created in one common business plan. To take full advantage of IKEA economies of scale and competence we develop and execute sourcing strategies and thus meet the supply markets/industries in categories.
About the assignment
As a Supply Planner you will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Secure operational capacities by ensuring high quality of capacity data from suppliers and by working continuously towards exceptions together with Need Planner and Supplier in a proactive manner.
- Contribute to tactical capacity planning based on supplier performance on agreed capacity
- Update and secure correct business set-up information in all relevant systems. Furthermore work with systems and reports, to proactively detect and act on possible deviations from goal.
- Prepare suppliers for best replenishment and delivery solutions by continuously maintaining & developing supplier delivery performance and sender lead-times.
- Contribute to identifying best logistical offer, furthermore implement, maintain and review by having customer and total cost in mind.
- Actively contribute in the planning and execution of the best set-up for range changes at supplier, constraints periods and activities.
- Continuously follow-up, analyze and take action to improve supplier delivery performance and ensure goods are shipped in time from suppliers.
- Secure correct availability information from supplier to IKEA Retail in such quality that it can be for the benefit of customers.
- Develop and maintain suppliers’ logistic competence towards becoming responsible on their own performance through: working closely with suppliers, running Supplier Development Projects and providing them relevant trainings & working methods.
- Contribute to supplier development by taking a lead from logistic perspective and engage relevant competence in IKEA and at Supplier to assess supplier logistics capability and running supplier development projects.
We are looking for the people with knowledge of supplier capabilities, material, production flow, capacity planning. You have the ability to take the leadership to ensure supplier has goods ready in time and in full in order to fulfil customers’ need at lowest possible landed cost. You are able to translate the Category Plan into logistics solutions and always keep Total IKEA and Total Cost Development in mind.
- Planning and supplier management field experience;
- Fluent oral English and good communicator;
- Proactive and solution oriented;
- Ability to navigate with multiple stakeholders;
- Well-organized in multiple task assigned within given time frame.
- Quick learner and good flexibility to adapt to change.
This position will be based in Kaunas, Lithuania. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 21st of May.
If you have questions regarding the role please contact Linas Starkevicius (Business Development Manager) at [email protected], if you have questions regarding the recruitment process please reach out to Giedre Cesnulyte (People & Culture Generalist) at [email protected]
Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.