Supply Planner (Filled products)
- Kaunas, Lithuania
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
About the job
In IKEA Purchasing, we are organized in categories based on the material and function of the product. A Category is a group of articles sharing same materials, production techniques, and/or supplier base. Each category is led by a Category Manager and it consists of number of Business Development teams based around the world (being close to our suppliers) and global functional specialists (e.g., Engineering and Quality Leader). The assignment for the category is to lead Purchasing based on a common agenda created in one common business plan. To take full advantage of IKEA economies of scale and competence we develop and execute sourcing strategies and thus meet the supply markets/industries in categories.
About the assignment
As a Supply Planner you will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Secure operational capacities by ensuring high quality of capacity data from suppliers and by working continuously towards exceptions together with Need Planner and Supplier in a proactive manner.
- Contribute to tactical capacity planning based on supplier performance on agreed capacity
- Update and secure correct business set-up information in all relevant systems. Furthermore work with systems and reports, to proactively detect and act on possible deviations from goal.
- Prepare suppliers for best replenishment and delivery solutions by continuously maintaining & developing supplier delivery performance and sender lead-times.
- Contribute to identifying best logistical offer, furthermore implement, maintain and review by having customer and total cost in mind.
- Actively contribute in the planning and execution of the best set-up for range changes at supplier, constraints periods and activities.
- Continuously follow-up, analyze and take action to improve supplier delivery performance and ensure goods are shipped in time from suppliers.
- Secure correct availability information from supplier to IKEA Retail in such quality that it can be for the benefit of customers.
- Develop and maintain suppliers’ logistic competence towards becoming responsible on their own performance through: working closely with suppliers, running Supplier Development Projects and providing them relevant trainings & working methods.
- Contribute to supplier development by taking a lead from logistic perspective and engage relevant competence in IKEA and at Supplier to assess supplier logistics capability and running supplier development projects.
We are looking for the people with knowledge of supplier capabilities, material, production flow, capacity planning. You have the ability to take the leadership to ensure supplier has goods ready in time and in full in order to fulfil customers’ need at lowest possible landed cost. You are able to translate the Category Plan into logistics solutions and always keep Total IKEA and Total Cost Development in mind.
- Planning and supplier management field experience;
- Fluent oral English and good communicator;
- Proactive and solution oriented;
- Ability to navigate with multiple stakeholders;
- Well-organized in multiple task assigned within given time frame.
- Quick learner and good flexibility to adapt to change.
This position will be based in Kaunas, Lithuania. The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application in English as soon as possible but latest 17th of May.
If you have questions regarding the role please contact Vaida Bukauskaite (Business Development Manager) at [email protected], if you have questions regarding the recruitment process please reach out to Giedre Cesnulyte (People & Culture Generalist) at [email protected]
Please note that we don’t accept application through email.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products