Safety & Security Leader
- Älmhult, Sweden
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Marketing & Communications (IMC), we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff, and we aim to be the best communication partner for the whole of IKEA. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA, creating state-of-the-art communication at the lowest price. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers - people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet. Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life?
Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
As our Safety & Security Leader, you will project lead the proactive Safety and Security work in all the work environments at IMC. You lead, steer and support the business by identifying and adequately mitigating risks and improve the overall level of compliance and efficiency. Through this you will provide support to the business in Sweden to safeguard the IKEA brand by identifying, anticipating and navigating through opportunities and risks in the base of IKEA values and culture.
More specifically you will:
- Be responsible for providing proactive support to the business in IMC with focus on safety, security and risk awareness.
- Project lead the proactive Safety and Security work in all the work environments at IMC, identifying existing and emerging risks and minimising the impact of these within the scope of the work.
- Secure a consistent base via regular series of follow-ups, education, and training by being a strong facilitator.
- Act as IMC’s responsible contact towards Inter IKEA units Emergency response teams when serious incident has occurred and initiate investigations when appropriate.
- Establish procedures and support the business areas in ensuring that risk-related weaknesses are regularly analysed and identified.
- Work to increase risk awareness and maintain all Safety and Security aspects in the work place.
- Work in partnership with the Management Team regarding sensitive issues.
Having a background as a Project Leader or Safety & Security responsible, you are deeply interested in Risk Management and Safety & Security.
You are a person with high integrity and an ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters. You have great communication and stakeholder management skills and can influence others with your opinions and ideas. You are also comfortable working within a matrix across multiple internal organisations, collaborating and sharing information and expertise.
Furthermore, you have:
- An understanding of an organisation’s brand, culture and values.
- An interest in working with Risk Management in large organisations.
- Knowledge of or curiosity about relevant Safety & Security processes, tools and working methods according to work focus.
- Fluently speaking and writing in English.
This is a temporary job for 12 month.
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world. Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application in English and link to previous work as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you.
This position was posted on the 29th of April and may be online for up to 3 weeks following this date. We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
We do not accept applications by e-mail. If you are one of the candidates we think have the required experience, we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview. In some cases, recruitment processes may take time, so we kindly ask you to be patient in this regard.
If you have any questions regarding this position or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Jonas Levin at +46 72 886 53 84