Sustainability Expansion Specialist
- Delft, Netherlands
you have a passion for sustainability and are a change maker?
you have an interest in business development?
you have the desire to achieve results through joint efforts with business and functional peers?
you have high passion and commitment to be part of integrating the IKEA sustainability agenda into the franchise offer?
Strong motivation of co-operating with people throughout IKEA across cultures to share experience with different stakeholders in the value chain?
Come and join us!
Our vision, to create a better everyday life for the many people, influences everything we do. It’s a vision that lives in the everyday efforts of all co-workers, all over the world.
Fulfilling the IKEA vision requires a strong, efficient and sustainable business setup. That's why it's built on a franchise system. The IKEA Franchisor, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., is the worldwide owner of the IKEA Concept, and has the responsibility to ensure that the IKEA Concept stays attractive and competitive while enabling growth and a profitable business for IKEA franchisees.
About the role
The role of sustainability at the franchisor is to make sustainability an integrated part of the IKEA Concept and ensure its successful implementation in new and existing markets.
Our assignment is to:
- Analyse the full market potential, risk assessment and mitigation for new and existing markets in relation to sustainability.
- Support with sustainability expertise in assessments of new retail countries.
- Ensure integration of sustainability in processes, methods and tools for expansion.
- Follow up the sustainability aspects of market assessment.
- Part of the CBF Sustainability Network of experience
Your key responsibilities:
- Provide sustainability expertise and create change in our frameworks, principles and guidelines trough methods, tools and processes connected to IKEA Franchise Offer: Expansion Planning.
- Lead sustainability questions in different prioritized cross value-chain related expansion development projects.
- Contribute through assignment based ways of working across Core Business Franchise and competence networks to enable agility and entrepreneurial development.
Market opportunity and risk assessment
- Integrate a sustainability lens in the market potential assessment of future markets, decided new markets and existing markets.
Create frameworks, principles and guidelines and deliver concrete examples to conduct analysis and point out sustainability opportunities and risks. Upgrade existing methods, tools and processes (such as Future Markets Methodology, New country assessments, Territory Penetration Plan Methodology, Market Potential Development Programme) or contribute into delivering into new expansion development projects.
Support the franchisees to create a fact based road map to be able to reach our social and environmental goals for 2030. Work in a collaborative way across the value chain to review the benefits and impact on the consumer and the IKEA operating model.
Customer meeting point analysis, planning and deployment
- Integrate a sustainability lens into frameworks, principles and guidelines for analysis, planning and deployment of new Customer Meeting Points in prioritized cities or regions.
- Measure and follow-up on our social and environmental goals for 2030 in relation to expansion development and global prioritization.
- University degree in sustainability, or relevant senior working experience
- Documented experiences of working with sustainability development and deployment in a fast pace global environment
- Proven experience of driving successful change and realizing sustainable business benefits with leaders
- Proven success in leading change management
- Proven experience from working with subject matters expertise and business leaders
This is a full time role (40 hours per week) located in Delft, the Netherlands. You will report to the Expansion Business Analyst Manager, in matrix Franchisor Sustainability Manager.
16 May is the closing date to apply for this role. Please send your application – CV and motivation – in English and tell us why you would be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!