- Warsaw, Poland
Time restricted contract - up to 2 years
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
You secure excellence in total Supply Chain operational performance and its further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders. You contribute to reach customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost (considering impacts of quality, safety, service performance, sustainability and other supply chain costs securing optimal replenishment solution).
Your main assignments as Transport Planner are:
• You secure total logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective by booking optimal transport solutions under the consideration of IKEA supply chain stakeholder preconditions. You monitor & follow-up the shipments to secure availability for our customers
• You reschedule and/or cancel shipments in case of logistical operational deviations based on Global Working Methods. You suggest improvement potentials for parameters and set-up affecting delivery planning & execution and Global Working Methods
• You work in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. carriers, suppliers) to solve operational deviations. You follow-up operational deviations and search for solutions to avoid operational deviations in the future
• You secure transport capacity by monitoring and requesting spot solutions within agreed frame
• You secure proactive communication with internal IKEA supply chain stakeholders and external Service Providers, in particular in case of delayed and/or changed deliveries
• You secure correct data in our Transport systems and provide reasons codes to secure proper visibility for any deviation in our planning process. Alerts concerned parties about incorrect or missing information required for the delivery planning and execution process
• You actively contribute to the development of the Delivery Operations process, system and the Global Working Methods within the Supply Chain
• You follow-up NCAs (Extra-costs) and investigate all cases. Decide based on legal documents and secure documentation of each case
We want you because:
• the IKEA culture & values inspire you every day anew
• you have good knowledge in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience
• You enjoy interacting with many different people and networks and utilise their contribution to the goal that has been set & have the capability to build trustful relationships
• You always strive to reach goals with a high level of energy and motivation
• You have a desire to constantly improve business performance and become better
• You have problem-solving experience as well as working within set deadlines
• You are curious about the connectivity of systems, processes and functions spanning the Transport & Services operation
• You are analytical & process-oriented and have a fact based approach
• You have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• You are fluent in English
• You are fluent in Polish
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than May 31st 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated, if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receiving your application, in English!