Product Design Developer - BA KBA
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA thrives when our passion for home furnishing and leading IKEA into the future comes together with excellent business sense and ambition to really move the business. Business Area Kitchen, Bathroom and Home Appliances are leading the range and business agenda for these areas across the IKEA value chain.
We are now looking for new colleagues to join us in Business Area Kitchen, Bathroom and Home Appliances (KBA).
We are a team of around 150 passionate co-workers who together strive to meet the ever-changing emotional and functional needs of modern living and be truly relevant for our customers all over the world. As a Product Design Developer, you play a key role in our quest to improve everyday activities connected to kitchen, bathroom and laundry.
Would you like to join our fantastic team?
As a Product Design Developer (PDD) at IKEA of Sweden you bring product ideas to life through all the dimensions of IKEA Democratic Design – form, function, sustainability, low price, and quality. You will work together with a multifunctional team of specialists in innovation and design, engineering, sourcing, supply marketing and communication and sales.
Together, you co-create the home furnishing offer through a customer centric approach and IKEA Democratic Design to deliver the IKEA identity.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Leading the development team to ensure our products deliver to all 5 dimensions of Democratic design and the content specialist in form and function, always starting with the price tag
• Leading each product development project with both vision and action to deliver a clear customer value proposition derived from transforming knowledge of life at home in to actionable insights on a product level
• Use applicable existing platforms and technical solutions, standard colors, materials and finishes to design for lowest price
• Visualizing and communicating of the ideas and product movements before and during the development process (mood boards, drawings, pictures, prototypes, storytelling) with an aim to bring people on board, as well as reaching out to the customer in the end
• Feed into the development of new, platforms, technical solutions and finishes
We are looking for you who have a great eye for aesthetics, able to balance functional and technical requirements across different materials to create compelling product experiences. You are people-centered in your approach, creating actionable insights from the needs and dreams of our customers in their life at home to act as the foundation for the development process.
To be successful in the job as a PDD, we expect you to have a university degree in a design discipline or product development or equivalent knowledge plus several years of experience working in product development. A PDD is someone who has a genuine interest in developing new products or refining our current products and conceptualize things that don’t exist today.
We would like you to be, innovative, curious, entrepreneurial and enjoy challenging the existing. Someone with the ability to work with ideas and concepts, and able to turn these into final solutions, leading the intent and direction of the project from start to finish. You are curious with an eye for design detail, product interaction and are motivated by finding new ways to develop successful products.
You are energetic, driven and determined, enjoy leading, co-creating and working closely with people from all over the world and have great communication skills.
Please submit a portfolio of your work either as a link or as a PDF, so that we can get to know your work. Applications with a portfolio are more likely to be considered.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact People and Culture Recruiter Christina Appelqvist +46-766-113408. We are looking forward to your application! Please submit both your CV and motivational letter in English at the latest by 6 of May 2021.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.