Product Range Identity Manager
- Älmhult, Sweden
We have a new IKEA direction with many opportunities within our reach and we are taking next steps together to set ourselves up for success. Over the next few years, all of us need to be better than ever. We will strengthen the core of what we do in Core Business Range. This role is part of that transformation.
Range and Product Design Matrix
The product range is our identity and one of the most important tasks of the Range & Product Design matrix at IKEA of Sweden AB is to enable and ensure that we live up to the IKEA vision - To create a better everyday life for the many people
We will do this by co-creating a more surprising, forward- leaning, affordable and desirable offer in close collaboration with partners throughout the value chain, by unleashing creativity and by creating the best possible preconditions to develop better products and life at home solutions with a strong and clear IKEA Identity.
Right now, we’re looking for a Product Range Identity Manager.
In this assignment you will have the opportunity to lead and influence the future of the IKEA Product Range identity.
As a Product Range Identity Manager your main responsibility is to lead, secure and develop the strategic and creative approach to the IKEA product range identity. Together with the team you lead, you actively work with the five dimensions of Democratic Design to strengthen and push our product range identity. This to enable a rich, interesting, and well-coordinated offer whilst elevating the IKEA styles and the color, material and finishes agenda to the next level.
Together with our many partners, you will inspire and co-create future concepts for the IKEA collections, that strengthens the IKEA Identity. Furthermore, you will be translating the needs, dreams and desires of the many people into home furnishing solutions that truly enables better homes. By actively testing and trying, unleashing creativity, stretching innovation and building competence together with our many partners throughout the IKEA value chain you will make sure that the product range will continue to be our identity.
You lead a senior team of creative leaders which are all passionate about securing the best possible preconditions and competence development throughout the Range and Product development community, trough inspiration and facilitation in all matters of the IKEA Product Range identity.
You are responsible for the continuous development of the product range identity team to act as a competence centre for how to interpret and implement the IKEA styles, CMF concepts, Collections and Home furnishing solutions, into Better homes solutions and to spread this knowledge in the organisation, promoting and inspiring the IKEA product range Identity both inside & outside of IKEA.
In this position you will report to Range & Product Design Manager at IKEA of Sweden and be part of the Range & Product Design management team. The position is based in Älmhult, Sweden.
The Product Range Identity Manager is a senior leadership position within IKEA of Sweden. This means that this is a challenging and rewarding position with impact on the many people around the world, but it needs something to be successful. You are of course motivated by and grounded in and always lead from IKEA values.
To be successful in this role, you have:
• An ability to lead and develop business & people through empowering individuals and teams by being creative, engaging, visionary and collaborative
• A solid IKEA knowledge with understanding and experience from the IKEA value chain, or the willingness to acquire quickly, feeling motivated by the IKEA idea of creating a better everyday life for the many
• Passion for creating an affordable IKEA product range offer for the many people now and in the future
• Experience from strategic development and product development
• High interest in and knowledge and experience for Democratic Design, home furnishing, design, style and trends.
• Proven experience from leading people, direct reports as well as through others, moving from knowledge to insights to imagination to action
• Proven experience from developing and engaging a network of relevant competencies on different levels and lead cross organisations within and outside IKEA.
• A passion for being in reality and” walk the talk”, with a strong can-do attitude
• An experience and motivation to help people stretch boundaries and challenging what already exist, nourish creativity and unleashing entrepreneurship to move our Product Range Identity into the future
• Ability to lead in the unknown
• Strong ability to make complex things simple in a both visually and verbally way
• Strong ability of handling complexity and ability to lead in the unknown
We look forward to getting to know you when you feel you have what it takes.
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role, you do that under message to Hiring Manager. The last day to send your application is 5 of May , 2021. If you know you will apply, please send in the application a.s.a.p. to help speed up the process.
Curious to know more? Let´s connect!
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Specialist Christina Appelqvist + 46-766-11 34 08.
IKEA of Sweden is a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities.