IKEA Components - P&D Manager(NT)
- Nantong, Jiangsu, China
The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to pursue the development of future unique and customer-friendly solutions within fittings and components to the IKEA range. We create substantial cost and quality benefits for IKEA in our development and supply of raw materials, components and fittings. IKEA Components is part of the Inter IKEA group and shares the IKEA vision and values. Our business is global and employs 1500 people based in Sweden, Slovakia and China. Through co-operation with IKEA Purchasing and Logistic areas, we are also represented at several other sites around the world.
PURPOSE OF JOB
To lead strategic and tactical development within IKEA Components P&D operation in both business and people dimension, ensure alignment with the IKEA vision, business plans, culture & values and human resources idea. Full accountability for production/warehouse operation and development. Responsible to secure excellence in performance, availability and quality both long and short term.
- Secure P&D excellent operation through leading the leaders for the functions of production, warehouse, facility, site process developers.
- Responsible to establish and secure good communication, business relations and partnership between different functions and stakeholders within IKEA.
- Participate and contribute in creation of the P&D Business plans, accountable for setting future strategic plans for production and warehouse.
- Responsible for P&D Action plan creation, execution and follow-up with the Business plan as a foundation.
- Responsible to secure process/initiative iplementations and initiate improvements through local process developers and Global support.
- Responsible to secure succession planning and competence development to reach high-performing teams and leaders who inspire and empower the engagement from all co-workers by leading as example and living the IKEA Values.
- Lead the organisation in a Lean and simple way, encourage to find and explore opportunities for eliminating waste, new ways of working and continuous improvement potentials in order to develop business and people.
- Secure and initiate machine and equipment investment plans in order to support future IKEA needs.
- Overall budget responsible for all the cost related staff, operational, travel and investment, including follow-up and deviation reporting within the area of responsibility.
- Good knowledge of IKEA strategic landscape.
- Deep knowledge in manufacturing and lean production.
- Deep knowledge about warehouse management.
- Deep knowledge in Project management.
- Deep knowledge in intra logistics.
- Good knowledge in how to make and implement action plans, providing clear directions and following up on goals.
- Deep knowledge of cost drivers/profit and loss including key performance indicators.
- Good knowledge in communication and coaching.
- Good knowledge of IKEA supply chain.
- Good knowledge and experience of change management.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and local languages.
Do you have what it takes to challenge and uphold an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality?
We are looking for you who together with us at IKEA Components and we actively want to build people and business together and ensure that we are an excellent place to work and develop. IKEA Components in China stands in front of a fantastic journey, with ambitious expansion plans to build a new factory for our packaging operations in Nantong.