- Älmhult, Sweden
IT Architect within the Architecture team in IKEA Product Information Program (IPIM) that has a passion for technology and home furnishing - IKEA of Sweden, Älmhult
At IKEA of Sweden in Älmhult, the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world! It is also here in Älmhult where we explore the future to create ideas and innovations for a better everyday life at home for the many people.
The range is our identity and the product information is an essential part of the IKEA Concept. New technology is changing behaviour and the demands for new ways to interact and share real-time insights are essential for continuous growth. The goal of the IKEA Product Information Management (IPIM) Programme is to create a foundation that enables a digital ecosystem with the IKEA range at its heart. It means exploring and designing how data – about and around our products – is created and captured, how it is distributed and made available. IPIM is a programme that covers the whole IKEA value chain and all IKEA retailers.
We are currently looking for an IT architect that will join our architecture team. Are you our new colleague?
The architecture function within IPIM is responsible to hold the holistic perspective together for the scope of IPIM, as part of the complete IKEA value chain. In this role you will be part of defining the architecture for IPIM and securing it’s implementation by working together with colleagues across IKEA being an important enabler for the delivery of the programme. The chosen candidate will report to the architecture manager in IPIM.
- In close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders you will shape ideas into concrete, robust and appropriate IT landscape architectures and transition roadmaps.
- You will secure that the architecture reflects the requirements from many different stakeholders in the organisation and you will actively contribute to the resolution of conflicting requirements.
- You will communicate your architecture and transition roadmaps to different stakeholders across organisations. You will ensure understanding and alignment across the IKEA value chain.
- You will follow relevant policies, principles, rules and standards. If they are not contributing to business value, you will suggest revisions.
- Pro-actively identify and advise on opportunities (such as new technology) in order to deliver better business result.
- Influence IT suppliers with IKEA requirements.
- Lead architecture activities within the assigned area
Are you the right candidate?
To be successful in this role you need to be interested in people’s life at home. You also need to be able to achieve long-term sustainable business result together with realizing short term opportunities. You are the type of person that can manage to see the big picture as well as the details and you collaborate and communicate with stakeholders to build trust and partnership in order to reach our common goals.
We are looking for someone with several years of working experience in digital deliveries and seniority within the area of IT (Application and Data) Architecture. We also see experience from different standard platforms (i.e. PIM and MDM platforms) as a strength
We believe that you need to have a substantial understanding of architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF. It is a strong advantage if you have a understanding of the IKEA business model and the IKEA IT landscape and the technical drivers and business needs for the assigned area.
Does this sound like your next challenge?
We are looking forward to your application! Please submit both your CV and motivational letter in English by the 19th of April. We are reviewing applications as they come through so don’t wait to apply!
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions about the assignment, please contact Jacob Nordegren [email protected] For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Jonas Levin at +46 728865384.
We look forward to receive your application!