Service Provider Operations Developer - Category Ocean(SH)
- Shanghai, China
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We believe that you are curious to grow the business, the function and yourself. You will secure and continuously improve Service Provider’s operational performance, and maximize the optimization potential related to Service Provider’s production costs. You will work in close cooperation with our business partners and relevant supply chain stakeholders to achieve the best result for IKEA customers.
Your main assignments as Service Provider Operations Developer are:
- To secure service provider's operational performance in all aspects (as defined by relevant KPIs, in relation to capacity, precision, qualitative parameters, claims, safety, etc.).
- Identify, monitor and implement relevant actions.
- Together with service providers and internal supply chain stakeholders secure optimal usage of agreed/available transport capacity vs planned/needed capacity.
- Active work with capacity forecasting (mid- and short-term).
- Identify service provider’s production constraints due to peaks, volume fluctuations, etc. Likewise, together with supply chain stakeholders, find optimal solutions leading to securing needed capacity at lowest total cost.
- Support Business Developer with Tender/other procurement activity's preparation and implementation.
- "Ad hoc" purchasing activities. Within the mandate given, contribute to securing capacity in unforeseen situations.
- Secure and share needed industry competence with all relevant functions.
- Monitor and secure execution of signed contracts vs. agreed terms & conditions. Perform compliance/spot checks at service providers to verify compliance with given parameters, such as quality of equipment, safety and security, etc.
- Build trustful long-term relations with both internal and external stakeholders.
It comes natural for you to act as an IKEA ambassador when communicating and interacting with Service Providers. You have the ability to build relations and to work with different stakeholders in a trustful way.
- University degree in Logistics, Economics, Business Administration or relevant working experience
- Good knowledge of functions within IKEA Supply Chain and how they contribute to the process
- Good knowledge of the transport industry incl. market-specific transport safety, security and quality standards
- Good knowledge in Supply Chain operations or transport planning & production
- Good knowledge about how to build and evaluate fact-based business cases
- Capability to build both internal and external relationships
- Analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of production costs and the main key drivers.
- Good knowledge of ways of securing transport performance in all aspects.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken