Insight Specialist | IKEA Consumer and Market Insights | Core Business Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Who we are
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop our competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world. And to be accessible and relevant, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
About IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI)
ICMI has the assignment to contribute to IKEA people making well founded decisions based on actionable and timely insights. ICMI delivers Consumer Insights, Strategy & Market Insights, and Brand & Range Insights. Each of these three areas develops and/or operates insight products to IKEA people across our value chain.
About the role
We are looking for an Insight Specialist who can contribute to the development of a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer, by leading the Market Insights assignment, ensuring ongoing development and delivery of insights based on key market indicators (market size, share and economic indicators) and pricing data
In this role you will support IKEA by leading a product or integrated insight assignment, including:
- Leading in the Insights assignment, ensuring ongoing development and delivery of insights based on rich data.
- Contribute to the development of a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer.
- Closely work with stakeholders throughout the IKEA value chain, the project team on the supplier side and the internal product teams. You will secure the delivery of insights that inspire and enable IKEA people globally to make well founded decisions.
- Leading insight initiatives in an agile way together with the DevOps product team(s).
- Identifying the business and consumer insight needs and translate them into actionable insights for stakeholders throughout the value chain.
- Contribute to cross-functional development, ensuring that methods and preconditions are in place to gain deeper market insights that will benefit IKEA globally.
- Contribute to the development of products and packages (digital and IT part of the team) of new formats to deliver knowledge and insights (e.g. dashboards, data exploration tools and communications).
- Analyzing and integrating different sources of data into clear business conclusions, connecting the dots across different sources to draw unique insight and enabling the stakeholder teams to translate and implement these into business actions.
- Representing the consumer and market reality in meetings with management and key stakeholders to present data and insight results in an understandable and impactful way.
- Contributing to selecting and managing external partners to guarantee the best quality of data and knowledge, within the agreed budget frame.
- Working closely with insight competence specialist to ensure competence needed for the best use of insights is secured.
- Attending relevant forums/meetings, supporting to create a culture of insight across IKEA organizations.
- Leading and working closely together with peers across the totality of Core Business Franchise and across IKEA
- Preferable good knowledge of the IKEA Brand, IKEA culture & values and the IKEA value chain.
- In-depth Knowledge of using insight products, methods and tools to help the business make better decisions.
- Good knowledge of research design, methods and trends.
- Ability to convert data and insights into business decisions.
- Capability to build trustful relationships with stakeholders, business partners and franchisees.
- Communication skills, including active listening and the ability to communicate/visualise complex issues in a clear, engaging way.
- Capability to collaborate and work in processes, engaging different IKEA competences in the network.
- Actively build a knowledge sharing network and competence to enable constant development in the IKEA value chain.
- Capability to analyse, draw conclusions and act on them with a holistic business understanding.
- Ability to cope with uncertainty and find new solutions without all the answers in place.
- Good facilitation skills.
Required/ Relevant work experience
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Behavioral Science, Economics, or similar
- Past relevant experience in the area of insight
- Past experience in leading projects, ideally in the area of research insight
- Relevant experience in in one of the following areas: retail, brand building, range, supply
- Experience in data analysis and visualization tools are a plus
- A passion for working with data, insight, and knowledge - willing to impact the future of insight and data at IKEA.
- Curious about what makes a business, a brand, and a product perform and be desired by consumers.
- A growth mind-set; curious to explore and eager to learn.
- Energy, driven and commitment to deliver results.
- Enjoy developing IKEA by building relationships, partnerships and networks.
This is a full time position (40h/week). Travelling may be required based on business needs. Please send your application – CV and motivation letter – by 8 March 2021. Please note that we are continuously interviewing candidates.