Supply Planner, Wood
- Älmhult, Sweden
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
A Supply Planner is the link between IKEA and its suppliers on all operational and logistic issues. The Supply Planner ensures that the agreed business setups are followed, updated and improved to secure the highest level of product availability for IKEA's customers with the lowest total Supply Chain cost. A Supply Planner within Wood category works in a material-oriented team, in close co-operation with the Business Developer and the Production Engineer.
As a Supply Planner you will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Secure operational capacities by ensuring high quality of capacity data from suppliers and by with Supplier in a proactive manner.
- Contribute to tactical capacity planning and business contingency plans based on supplier performance on agreed capacity
- Update and secure correct business set-up information in all relevant systems. Furthermore work with systems and reports, to proactively detect and act on possible deviations from goal.
- Prepare suppliers for best replenishment and delivery solutions by continuously maintaining & developing supplier delivery performance and sender lead-times.
- Contribute to identifying best logistical offer, furthermore implement, maintain and review by having customer and total cost in mind.
- Actively contribute in the planning and execution of the best set-up for range changes at supplier, constraints periods and activities.
- Continuously follow-up, analyse and take action to improve supplier delivery performance and ensure goods are shipped in time from suppliers.
- Secure correct availability information from supplier to IKEA home furnishing suppliers in such quality that it can be for the benefit of customers.
- Develop and maintain suppliers’ logistic competence towards becoming responsible on their own performance through: working closely with suppliers, running Supplier Development Projects and providing them relevant trainings & working methods.
- Secure on time need forecast through working closely with IKEA home furnishing suppliers
We are looking for the people with knowledge of supplier capabilities, capacity & need planning. You have the ability to take the leadership to ensure the supplier has goods ready in time and in full in order to fulfil customers’ need at lowest possible landed cost. You are able to translate the Category Plan into logistics solutions and always keep Total IKEA and Total Cost Development in mind.
- Minimal 2-3 years of planning and supplier management field experience;
- Proactive and solution oriented;
- Ability to navigate with multiple stakeholders;
- Well-organized in multiple task assigned within given time frame.
- Strong data analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Fluent oral English and good communicator;
- Quick learner and good flexibility to adapt to change.
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden. Please apply in English before March 3rd. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So don’t delay, please send us your application today.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Hiring Manager Viktoriia Liusikova, tel +46 729-71 71 32. If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact Jakob Bergström, People & Culture Recruiter at +46 70-147 48 90
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. We look forward to receiving your application!