- Delft, Netherlands
Data Engineer | IKEA Consumer and Market Insights | Core Business Franchise
Delft (The Netherlands), Full-time
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Who we are
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop our competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world. And to be accessible and relevant, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
About IKEA Consumer & Market Insights (ICMI)
ICMI has the assignment to contribute to IKEA people making well founded decisions based on actionable and timely insights. ICMI delivers Consumer Insights, Strategy & Market Insights, and Brand & Range Insights. Each of these three areas develops and/or operates insight products to IKEA people across our value chain. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of the Data Engineering and Analytics chapter in ICMI.
As a Data engineer you work to enable the analysts, data scientists and insight specialists to efficiently gather, manage and use data. You are involved in shaping the data sets needed for successful analysis and is comfortable with using modern ways to transform and curate the data. You lead the creation of data sets and make sure they can be efficiently worked with in a modern cloud based environment. You help communicate the challenges and opportunities connected with your role both inside and outside your product team and strive to show how data is helping the team fulfill the product vision.
You work with your product team every day, but especially data scientists and insight focused colleagues to provide the team with the data needed to efficiently deliver to the product roadmap.
You take your colleagues by the hand and you advise in understandable language what is needed to enable you and the team to use data in the most efficient way.
- Combine, organize and analyze raw information from different sources across the IKEA ecosystem and external sources.
- Drive all aspects of collecting, integrating, modelling, processing and refinement of data as needed by your product team or area.
- Build, test and maintain data systems and pipelines.
- Evaluate business needs and objectives in collaboration with Product Team and other stakeholders.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition.
- Contribute to the development of analytical tools and programs, ensuring easy and standardized access and sharing of data.
- Work closely together with partners, peers and other relevant roles like data scientists, analysts or architects across IKEA as well as in your team.
- Ensure application and consistency with relevant digital frameworks, principles, guidelines and standards.
- *Document and make the relevant know-how available.
- Strong knowledge in designing efficient, robust and automated data pipelines and ETL workflows.
- Hands-on experience with database design in varying concepts.
- Expertise with data modelling and related concepts, incl. relational, non-relational and multi-dimensional modelling.
- Excellent knowledge in programming, preferable of several programming languages.
- Experience with data pipelines, data warehousing and Big Data processing.
- Knowledge about cloud infrastructure and computing environments.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Find solutions to tricky problems.
- Make decisions based on judgement, data and situation.
- Solve problems proactively and navigate through road blockers and obstacles.
- Build and maintain relationships and collaborate across Inter IKEA Group.
- Excellent team work and communication skills.
- Understand the complexity of the IKEA business and technology landscape.
- Able to work closely together with colleagues with complimentary skills, e.g. data scientist, business analysts etc.
Required/ Relevant work experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree within Engineering, Computer science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related fields
- Preferred: Master’s degree within Engineering, Computer science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related fields
- Previous experience working with Data Engineering
- Experience as a project member in agile project environments and methodologies as well in running business activities
- Preferred: previous knowledge of the IKEA retail system
- Passion for retail and the possibilities that digital brings.
- Lead by example and share the IKEA culture and values.
- Like working in the unknown and with lots of different stakeholders.
- Motivated by being a key contributor to digitalise the IKEA Franchise offer and the IKEA Concept.
This is a full time position (40h/week). Travelling may be required based on business needs. Please send your application – CV and motivation letter – by 8 March 2021. Please note that we are continuously interviewing candidates.